Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poison spyder diff covers stock suspension install

Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poison spyder diff covers stock suspension install

I just received my 2 poison spyder d44 diff covers today from the good people at northridge 4x4 and will be installing them tomorrow to figure out if they will fit on stock suspension or not.

Poison spyder says they will rub on the track bars but some people say they didn't or very minimum rubbing.

I have done lots of research and not very many people run aftermarket diff covers on stock suspension, if you do any wheeling you will know how easy the stock diff covers will peal back and create a large headache for yourself.

I will update the jk forum on how the install goes and what my experiences are with them.

Wish me luck!!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our front one rubbed bad. Had to get a Teraflex track bar to fixed the problem. The rear one rub ever so slightly but not enough to concern me. Sad thing was that Poison Spider told me they want me to take it off because they was concern it will damage the track bar. Interestingly, there was not a mark on the track bar but the diff cover got eaten up.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

That's what I have heard the front runs worse than the back, but if that's the damage to your front, I can defiantly live with that till I get a new front track bar.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 AM
JK Freak

My friends rubbed pretty bad too on the front. You couldn't even take the bolt off it was a lot worse than the pic above.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Maybe I will hold off on the front till I do lift it or put an adjustable track bar. It's the rear that has the lip pealed back
Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Even if you lift it, the stock track bar will rub. The only way to not rub at the front, is an aftermarket track bar. The rub marks on the diff cover in post 2 was from only 3 wheeling trips with moderate trails.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Yea so an adjustable track bar will fix the rub... Did it rub before you went off roading with just daily driving?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

The rear doesn't rub but I bet it would with a little offroading... The track bar is really close to the plate
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

So, will the rear be ok with a rear trackbar relocation bracket, like the one included in the Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel kit?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

The Treraflex adjustable track bar up front was a good fix and no more rubbing up front. Still running the stock track bar at the rear with the Teraflex 2,5" frame mount track bar bracket and the rubbing is very minimal.

Quick Reply: Poison spyder diff covers stock suspension install