Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poison Spyder hood louver

Old 02-24-2017, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you're in a hurry, I'd see if anyone local to you was wanting to order a louver panel, and see if you could arrange a swap -- your single-hole panel for their double-hole. Or, just drill out your hood and convert back to a single nozzle.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by resharp001
If it were me.....think I'd just convert back to 1 nozzle. Cutting new holes to have the 2 nozzles spaced properly and leaving that pre-cut spot for the 1 nozzle would drive me crazy.
Completely agree...And then you also have to touch up the factory PC on that louver, the list of things that would bother my OCD tendencies goes on.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

The nozzle holes are rectangular.
Your hood has been replaced.
I have a '12, and bought a 14 hood from a guy who replaced his oem with an AEV hood, and I was leary of cutting into my hood.
see if the seller will accept your return, or look for another hood to use.
If you bought new, I would want the dealer to explain, and also find out if the jeep was in a wreck.
Carfax it.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2ndtomsryt
The nozzle holes are rectangular. Your hood has been replaced. I have a '12, and bought a 14 hood from a guy who replaced his oem with an AEV hood, and I was leary of cutting into my hood. see if the seller will accept your return, or look for another hood to use. If you bought new, I would want the dealer to explain, and also find out if the jeep was in a wreck. Carfax it.
Carfax is clean. I think the hood was replaced for hail damage at some point. I'm just cutting an extra hole in my hood and making a single outlet
Old 02-26-2017, 12:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just cut two holes and kept two nozzles. Center punched smack dab in the middle of the original washer holes on the backside of the louver. Then used a hole saw 3/4 I think. Looks good imo. The square is empty and un used but eh idc
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3330564424.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	667303  

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder hood louver