Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper Recommendations & Pricing

Old 05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper Recommendations & Pricing

Hey Guys,

Dented my plastic *cough* cheap *cough* front OEM bumper today. Now I have an excuse to replace it. I'm debating between the Rugged Ridge XHD Center Base, Olympic 4x4 Rock Bumper w/o hitch and OR-Fab Rock Slider Bumper. I prefer the stubby look. The PureJeep one is nice but way expensive. I'd like to keep the front bumper price at around $300. Anyone have preferences out of the 3 above?

I'm going to need a rear too so I'd like a stubby style for the back. Matching would be best but as long as it doesn't look stupid I'm open to matching.

Any advice is appreciated.

Besides Quadratec what are other sellers that are reputable with good pricing?

Much thanks guys.

Matt

Edit: Don't need/want a winch. Want to use the OEM foglights.

Last edited by BrewSwapGuy; 05-05-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BrewSwapGuy
Hey Guys,

Dented my plastic *cough* cheap *cough* front OEM bumper today. Now I have an excuse to replace it. I'm debating between the Rugged Ridge XHD Center Base, Olympic 4x4 Rock Bumper w/o hitch and OR-Fab Rock Slider Bumper. I prefer the stubby look. The PureJeep one is nice but way expensive. I'd like to keep the front bumper price at around $300. Anyone have preferences out of the 3 above?

I'm going to need a rear too so I'd like a stubby style for the back. Matching would be best but as long as it doesn't look stupid I'm open to matching.

Any advice is appreciated.

Besides Quadratec what are other sellers that are reputable with good pricing?

Much thanks guys.

Matt

Edit: Don't need/want a winch. Want to use the OEM foglights.
Check out the treks bumpers www.go treks.com. I was looking fora plain, inexpensive front bumper that I could use my factory fogs with and got one, the are about 600 though

Last edited by Piginajeep; 05-05-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: please no clickable links to nonsponsors
Old 05-05-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

for $300 your really limiting your bumper choices
Old 05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Obviously I'm limiting my choices but when you're not wealthy that tends to happen. I don't see what makes those $1,000 bumpers worth $1,000.

No one out there bought one of the ones I have listed?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I got the Or Fab and love it. Really like the stubby look, it's well made and easy to install. Got to keep the factory fogs, and think it'll look great once I get my lift put on.
Also, I got it from 4wd.com for like 350 shipped. It was some special offer or something. Keep an eye out an be patient because they always run a bunch of specials. Good luck with your deicsion.

Heres a pic
Old 05-05-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by BrewSwapGuy
Obviously I'm limiting my choices but when you're not wealthy that tends to happen. I don't see what makes those $1,000 bumpers worth $1,000.

No one out there bought one of the ones I have listed?
My Purejeep bumper totalled 3 vehicles including my own JK, and its still being used on my buddies JK. It'll take a hit
Old 05-05-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
My Purejeep bumper totalled 3 vehicles including my own JK, and its still being used on my buddies JK. It'll take a hit
What made you go with Hanson on this go-round?

FWIW, I know it's over $300, the LoD is really lookin' good to me right about now. I think that's the one I'm gonna be puttin' on mine.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Tera Flex has a stubby on sale right now. uses factory fogs, will take a winch without a plate and has cutouts for D rings. I got mine this week. Well made, easy install $199.00 /$310.00 with D ring mounts. no photos yet. Talk to Joe at Tera Flex I think it is their Rock Racer bumper.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Olympic Rock bumpers front and rear, check out my gallery. They all have the front trailer hitch, but I use it as a D ring mount and license plate holder. It's a good bumper for the price thick steel and sturdy.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:16 AM
JK Freak

I have the RR XHD. uses factory fog lights, comes with D rings. Even though you don't need a winch the wit or witout winch are the same price and you could use the space for storage on the trail for a logging chain or snatch strap or a small toolbox with a bungee cord.

Quick Reply: Bumper Recommendations & Pricing