Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with ABS - Left rear, everything has been testd amd replaced

Old 11-18-2015, 09:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I've got a 2012 JK with 37's and Dynatrac axles... My traction light comes on pretty much as soon as you take off in first gear and then when you get up to second or third the ABS light also comes on, if you come to a complete stop the ABS light goes out and when you start up it comes back on The ABS sensors have been checked and eventually replaced... Even the wheel bearings have been replaced due to a small amount of slack, even swapped the electrical connector from the right rear to the left and the problem still happens on the left rear Has anybody got any ideas? Matthew

Last edited by Matthewd5; 11-18-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Might get an ABS code reader and see if the system has stored any codes. A few times when I've chased ABS/BAS/ESC light issues the problem isn't in the system, it's a basic alignment issue, like an improperly centered axle(s) or steering wheel that's not properly centered.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SoK66
Might get an ABS code reader and see if the system has stored any codes. A few times when I've chased ABS/BAS/ESC light issues the problem isn't in the system, it's a basic alignment issue, like an improperly centered axle(s) or steering wheel that's not properly centered.
Its now at a Jeep dealership and they have chased codes leading them to replace the sensor and then the wheel bearing

its consistently the left rear, even when they cross connected the left rear to the right rears cable/connector and it was still throwing codes and the left wire when on the right rear was working fine

Matthew
Old 11-18-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Its now at a Jeep dealership and they have chased codes leading them to replace the sensor and then the wheel bearing

its consistently the left rear, even when they cross connected the left rear to the right rears cable/connector and it was still throwing codes and the left wire when on the right rear was working fine

Matthew
so let me get this right, they ran wire from the left to the right and vice versa? So the left becomes the right and the right becomes the left and now it throws the opposite code as before? That rules out the sensor, wheel bearing, etc. It is somewhere before the sensor.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TweakJK
so let me get this right, they ran wire from the left to the right and vice versa? So the left becomes the right and the right becomes the left and now it throws the opposite code as before? That rules out the sensor, wheel bearing, etc. It is somewhere before the sensor.
I wasn't there but they ran the right side connector to the left ABS sensor etc and it still acted the same as when it was wired normally, and the left side wiring failed to give any errors when connected to the right sides ABS sensor etc

They also changed the wheels around

If the fault was in wiring the problem would have changed sides right?

I've done the same sort of test diagnosing computer, phone line even router and network cable issues

Matthew
Old 11-22-2015, 05:15 PM
JK Junkie

Nobody?
Old 11-22-2015, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

I've got the same.... Left rear wheel speed plausibility. Been the the dealer twice, going in for the third Monday. Already had the sensor replaced too
Old 11-25-2015, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Update.... They put a wheel speed sensor in but I don't think that's going to fix it. The fault is for plausibility, which means the signal doesn't make sense. If it was a open circuit fault or something like that it would make sense.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tone ring..?
Old 11-26-2015, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
Tone ring..?
Yes that's what I meant, I wrote it quickly and couldn't get in to edit it

I had an issue where it was throwing abs error codes from the left rear wheel

I have a warranty and the local shop took forever replacing sensors etc but ultimately the fix was taking off the tone ring that's next to the emergency brake and straightening it as they said it was bent a little bit...

I'm trying to understand why it took them forever to figure it out

Matthew

Quick Reply: Problem with ABS - Left rear, everything has been testd amd replaced