Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with dynatrac ball joint and alloy USA ujoint install. Help needed asap.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with dynatrac ball joint and alloy USA ujoint install. Help needed asap.

I am installing dynatrac ball joints and alloy USA u joints and have a couple issue. The alloy USA u joints have flat needle fittings on them. We used both a large grease needle and a small hyperdermic looking grease needle however if we grease it and remove the u joint caps no grease is going in. Once we remove the cap we see there is no red grease in there.

My second issue is we installed the dynatrac balljoiints but on the upper there is a gap between the steering knuckle and upper ball joint? Is this normal? Is this just because on a normal ball joint there is a rubber boot covering that gap?

I hav the jeep apart so help asap is appreciated.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Requires a needle type grease gun to lube these U-joints YP SJ-297X-402 (SOLD SEPARATELY) This is the alloy USA part number..
From alljeep.c o m or others about $35.00

Last edited by ry329; 05-13-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The space on that upper is normal. I reused the OEM boot to cover it up and keep that DynaTrac seal protected.
I haven't seen the grease fitting on the USA u-joints but this is what I use on needle zerks
Old 05-13-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Jedi

So a needle fitting on a regular gun won't work?

As far as the dynatrac I already installed them, is it going to be an issue I did not reuse the stock boots on the uppers?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
So a needle fitting on a regular gun won't work?

As far as the dynatrac I already installed them, is it going to be an issue I did not reuse the stock boots on the uppers?
Nope...no issue.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Jedi

Thanks for all the replies.

Quick Reply: Problem with dynatrac ball joint and alloy USA ujoint install. Help needed asap.