Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prodigy Turbo Install/Review 2017! 3.6L JKU

Old 03-06-2017, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know CamTunning and ya he is a wiz...but this was tuned by Scotty at Motive... Wasn't going to tune it just dyno and make sure everything was good to go... but wanted a little more power on the bottom end and they were able to do that... so I was happy
Old 03-06-2017, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm just curious. Why a turbo? Were you just looking for more street/highway power? I only ask because you mentioned early in you don't really feel the extra power until you get the turbo spooled up, I'm guessing around 3K rpm. Doesn't sound like that will help much on the trail. I only ask because I'm considering a power upgrade, but I've been looking at a screw type supercharger so my power increase is at all RPM.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
I'm just curious. Why a turbo? Were you just looking for more street/highway power? I only ask because you mentioned early in you don't really feel the extra power until you get the turbo spooled up, I'm guessing around 3K rpm. Doesn't sound like that will help much on the trail. I only ask because I'm considering a power upgrade, but I've been looking at a screw type supercharger so my power increase is at all RPM.

Honestly it was mostly the scariness of a turbo JKU...I am literally the only Turbo Wrangler in town! Second was power... ya I won't use this on the trails...but honestly this is my daily driver... it sees 90% street and 10 Percent off road (give or take).... and the power difference is obvious and makes this thing fun to drive!! I have ridden in a few RIPP supercharged wranglers and was honesty not impressed one bit... almost felt like there was no power adder whatsoever... .now I know this is not the case with some of the other style blowers... ridding in a turbo jeep is a different experience, and it really does grow on you... Just a hard pill to swallow initially (money wise).... But to answer you the hard core rock crawler would not benefit from going turbo... but the other 98% of us would...

Does that answer your question?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, thanks Turbo306 for starting this thread and sharing your experiences with the Prodigy. I'm seriously considering jumping into the turbo pool and don't want to sink. How about a 6 month update, all of your previous observations are positive, other than the low end power situation, are you still giving this system 2 thumbs up? Thanks for any input you can give me on a prospective Prodigy purchase.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds like a plan senior!!

Friggen love every day driving this this... that is no lie! it is my daily driver and have put almost 10K miles on it (I know this because i am rotating my Mud swampers religiously at 4K miles and I have done this two times)

Now I have run into issues.... one is check engine lights... not directly related to the turbo... but sucked non the less tracing them down... the latest was a P0157 that turned out to be the harness on the bank 2 02 was loose and would randomly kick the CEL... stuff like that will DEFINITELY come with the territory of modding a jeep like this so if you are ok with this...then you will not be disappointed....

just an FYI it's been over 100+ degrees and I have been driving it all the time... I was a little concerned I may start overheating (as there are a lot of hot parts under the hood)... have not had any issues...

Getting ready to do the gear swap (currently have 3.73 and am going to 4.88's as I am switching out to 37's as soon as the nittos wear out)... so I have a feeling that will make it drive completely different!

Also installed the Nifty turbocharged sticker that prodigy sent me!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	V3pf9jO.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	872.4 KB
ID:	673166  
Old 07-11-2017, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the fast and detailed response, getting closer to jumping in on this once I get a few more details ironed out. PS, nice Jeep.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Prodigy Stage 2

I have to say I was very skeptical and went back and forth for months on whether to do a super charger, turbo or HEMI swap and untimely I went with the Prodigy Stage 2 system and couldn't be happier it has a massive amount of torque and is extremely responsive. It takes some getting used to when wheeling like anything but if I had to do it all over again I would do the same thing. There are a lot of haters on the forums so when deciding what to do check with people who actually have the products installed!
Old 07-23-2017, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Prodigy stage 2

Couldn't be happier! After months of anguishung and going back and forth between super charger, Ls swap and turbo I decided to go with the Prodigy stage 2 turbo and it is awesome. Takes some getting used to when wheeling but just like anything once you find your rhythm it works perfect! Highly recommend this mod to anyone looking for more powr and thanks for the guys that helped me make this decision! Be careful what you read on the forums I think people feed into the negativity without actually ever seeing for themselves what each option can do. For me the prodigy was the best choice
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A95C69A3-7299-4A97-8A0A-0AB5A8F7A61E.JPG
Views:	543
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	673508   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC8D620A-8BE2-4CEF-9D10-684A047EA998.JPG
Views:	695
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	673509  

Last edited by Cbaker; 07-23-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default What's the HP at the rear wheel and have you noticed any gas mileage increase?

Have you noticed an increase on gas mileage and what you HP at the rear wheels? I pulled the trigger on the Prodigy stage 2 last week for my 2016 Rubi Hard Rock and now I'm waiting. I will have it installed next Wednesday. Oh and I am powder Coating the heat exchanger and tubes in the engine bay Hard Rock Red.

4.5\" BDS with Fox shocks 5.13 gearing 37" Nitto muds Front axel sleeved and gussets Etc...

Last edited by eddiemcnally; 12-08-2018 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Add picture and more questions
Old 12-10-2018, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

I am averaging 13.5... but I am running 38X15.5 R 20 Mud Grapplers... with 5.13 gears... I don't think Gas millage and this jeep go in the same sentence...LOL.... Still loving the turbo!! Drive this EVERY DAY... No joke... Won multiple shows locally... and it kills off road... so still very happy... I did end up switching from the Diablo to the HP (from Prodigy)... Due to the fact that my Diablo started running like dog crap... turns out it is something called the adaptives ... this is a learned pattern... and it was doing all kinds of crazy things... so few issues over the years..but nothing major...

Quick Reply: Prodigy Turbo Install/Review 2017! 3.6L JKU