JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Project 400hp Snowflake (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/project-400hp-snowflake-349323/)

Tjuice 02-10-2019 09:05 AM

Project 400hp Snowflake

3 Attachment(s)
Little eye candy for you! Starting with the eng first, upgraded coils, maintenance items, supercharger this weekend. Still have to do radiator, exhaust, bumpers on the way!

Jay2013jk 02-10-2019 03:05 PM

Wow.. Keep us updated.. finished photos would be great..

Tjuice 02-11-2019 08:02 AM

More detail on SC install

5 Attachment(s)
Took my buddy and I all day Saturday to install, this included.. replacement of water pump, removing intake manifold, cleaning ports of intake, new spark plugs, installing hardware for SC, bigger injectors, new tensioner and relocation, bracket for power steering/SC, intercooler, tubing, cutting some plastic off radiator fan/around grill, installing Diablo tune preloaded on device A Piller pod and gauge (Areoforce technologies)

The Ripp SC kit I bought included the upgraded pully, xl intercooler, bigger blowoff value,
Also got the Ripp exhaust to go with it. ( Still needs installed)

Next on the list is for install, mishimoto radiator, new houses, basic set of barricade bumbers, spare wheel rack, fenders. Rough country liners, Ripp exhaust, centerforce duel friction clutch

Tjuice 02-18-2019 07:10 AM

Going well

5 Attachment(s)
Hitting the 500mi mark with SC, break in period is complete! No signs of issues. Installed a few more goodies this weekend..
Found my thermostat housing was leaking, replaced it with a new thermostat.
5 hours later, the Mishimoto radiator was installed. Ran into a fitment issue, upgraded radiator is easily a quarter inch thicker than stock. I had to already shaved off plastic on the fan housing for SC fitment. After 3 tries of more shaving/cutting I was able to fit it in place. Replaced old hose's with Mishimoto ones. Mixed up a new batch of mopars oem coolant. I was able to install the barricade bumpers, tire rack, finders, and just enough daylight left to get the rough country wheel liners on. For the price, you can't beat it if it's something you plan on getting dented and scratched up.

Tjuice 03-04-2019 03:36 PM

Few more items added

4 Attachment(s)
What I very long long weekend which included Monday.. finally centerforce duel friction clutch, steel flywheel, and ripp exhaust installed. The removal and install of the trans wasn't as easy as other transmissions I've done. Not even going to get into that today, I will include a picture of a small cut I did into the body that made life so much easier with install the trans back.. The Exhaust was pretty simple and straight forward. I was also able to get a Dyno run in last week for SC stats! Pictures will be included.

Centerforce duel friction; I will highly recommend this upgraded clutch. Based off my short test drive its going to make a huge difference for trail riding.

Exhaust; simple upgrade, sounds great with SC

jedg 03-05-2019 07:58 AM

Looking good!

Ajkaz 08-26-2019 03:39 PM

Any updates? I am interested in the drive-ability with the supercharger, does cruise control still work okay? Do you experience any surging when trying to keep a particular speed on the highway? Nice Rig!

Mike H. 08-28-2019 09:10 AM

what is yellow vs red?
assuming different tunes.
whatever it is, I'd stick with the yellow tune... more power and torque below 4900rpm.
the red tune only has an advantage between 5000-6000... not at all useful for how I use my rig.

Tjuice 11-27-2019 07:06 AM

Update to questions

Sorry for the super late response!

So far no issues, I've been daily driving up till two weeks ago. Theirs no surging with cruise control, the only notice is when A/C is on. Mainly because it's a belt driven set up so you'll feel that in applications like this. My jeep is also 6 speed so I may not have issues that some have with the auto.

The two colors were the differences on pulls, orange was a test run to make sure it was the correct gear. Red was the actual out put of power. This was rear wheels not four wheel.

​​​​​I will add that when in four low their is a incredible amount of power ready. I'll update a video eventually with her in four low.