Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prorock 44

Old 08-17-2017, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The weld was a separate concern not about the leak. Some of your comments are the reason I keep quiet on forums. You see why I changed careers and such. I changed careers for a better job. Typical keyboard warriors. I'm looking for advice I wasn't getting anywhere calling places so I turned to here. This is supposed to be a community where you can learn and share experiences. So much for that. To everyone who gave useful advice including dynatrac I thank you.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Sorry that you are having a problem. Just to be clear we build a ton of axles and have little to no problems. The seals are installed at the factory by dynatrac and we assemble the locker and gears. Then the customer or installer slides the shafts in the housing. At that point this will be the first time the seals have been touched . I highly recommend greasing the shaft and when installing it using a twisting motion to get through the seal. with that said the pro rock 44 takes a special axle shaft and to my knowledge Nitro does not make this axle shaft but I could be wrong. My assumption is that you may have the wrong axle shafts in the housing which don't line up with the seal surface and it is causing the leak. again this is my assumption I don't know for sure. David
I did not see this post when I responded before about the axle shafts not mating properly with the seals. After seeing this I'm pretty confident this is your problem. Now that I think about it I have never seen a pro rock 44 with nitro shafts just rcv and ten factory
Old 08-17-2017, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The latest version 2 piece Mopar axle seal is 68304271AA..
Old 08-17-2017, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ktoth87
I'm looking for advice I wasn't getting anywhere calling places so I turned to here. This is supposed to be a community where you can learn and share experiences. So much for that. To everyone who gave useful advice including dynatrac I thank you.
You got more advice than you knew what to do with, from the housing manufacturer, who you somehow still blame, from NorthRidge, from all kinds of other people, and you ignored it all.

What do you want?

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
The latest version 2 piece Mopar axle seal is 68304271AA..
Yes, you should totally try that seal the next couple times. If that doesn't work, try it again. Oh and post up how it's the fault of Dynatrac for not doing enough, and be sure to blame me when you don't post anymore after that.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ktoth87
The biggest reason I'm not happy with dynatrac is I feel like I'm being brushed off when they say you tore the seals..
They must have assumed that you'd actually be using the right parts, not knowing all the corners you cut, the multiple people that had hands in the housing, which is the only part they contributed, being a skilled certified mechanic and all.

Thinking you used the right components, that would make sense. Still not a Dynatrac problem and you should probably make an apology for the comments you've made. Hell, ask to have this whole thing deleted and be on your way.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be willing to bet you have an issue with your axle shafts.

That weld, in my opinion, is nothing to be concerned about.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did the OP get this solved? I need to replace the passenger side seal in my PR44, but Im running factory Rubi Shafts. Dynatrac said the part # should be "Dana part # 54381. This is the .312” wall tubing and a 30 spline shafts" as I dont have the .5" tubes. Can anyone confirm? I am hoping to have this swapped in a day and not have to reorder parts and be down longer.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
Did the OP get this solved? I need to replace the passenger side seal in my PR44, but Im running factory Rubi Shafts. Dynatrac said the part # should be "Dana part # 54381. This is the .312” wall tubing and a 30 spline shafts" as I dont have the .5" tubes. Can anyone confirm? I am hoping to have this swapped in a day and not have to reorder parts and be down longer.
Give us a sec to grab one of the tech guys and verify this for you!
Old 08-22-2017, 08:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
Did the OP get this solved? I need to replace the passenger side seal in my PR44, but I'm running factory Rubi Shafts. Dynatrac said the part # should be "Dana part # 54381. This is the .312” wall tubing and a 30 spline shafts" as I dont have the .5" tubes. Can anyone confirm? I am hoping to have this swapped in a day and not have to reorder parts and be down longer.
The tube wall thickness does not make a difference on the Pro Rock 44 inner axle oil seal. All that matters is if you are running 30 spline or 35 spline inner shafts. Stock Rubicon shafts are 30 spline.

30 spline:
• At Dynatrac install Dana Spicer part # 54381
• You can also source OEM Mopar part # 5014852AB
• Or, you can ask your local auto part store for a 2007-2017 JK Rubicon inner axle seal. We recommend Dana Spicer or Mopar, but those are not always available locally unless you goes to a dealership for Mopar.

35 spline:
• Dana Spicer part # 36487
Old 08-22-2017, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Much appreciated, thanks Dynatrac!!!

Quick Reply: Prorock 44