Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSC Aluminum Inner Fenders Question

Old 07-12-2016, 07:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSC Aluminum Inner Fenders Question

I see that PSC recommends leaving the inner fenders untouched in terms of paint/powder coat for aesthetic reasons but wouldn't they get ugly overtime if I didn't powder coat them? I would like to leave them silver or painted a lighter color.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

I put mine on a few months ago, left them bare aluminum because they looked so freakin cool while I was getting them fitted. I used nylon washers as spacers where the aluminum and steel meet to minimize the opportunity for galvanic corrosion. They still look like the day I put them in.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
I see that PSC recommends leaving the inner fenders untouched in terms of paint/powder coat for aesthetic reasons but wouldn't they get ugly overtime if I didn't powder coat them? I would like to leave them silver or painted a lighter color.
I don't think it's necessarily a recommendation....more of a suggestion. If you choose to keep them raw, you may find keeping them looking brand new difficult but not impossible.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Ahh ok thanks for the input guys, I am really just concerned with it "rusting out" and looking like crap but aluminum doesn't rust right it corrodes and will look cloudy after a while?
Old 07-12-2016, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
Ahh ok thanks for the input guys, I am really just concerned with it "rusting out" and looking like crap but aluminum doesn't rust right it corrodes and will look cloudy after a while?
Yes, aluminum will oxidize and not rust.

If you like the bare aluminum look and are worried about oxidation, just have them powder coated clear.

Quick Reply: PSC Aluminum Inner Fenders Question