Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSC Steering system and Ripp Super Charger question

Old 05-01-2019, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PSC Steering system and Ripp Super Charger question

I’ve searched all over this forum and couldn’t find a relevant answer to my post. Sorry if this has been covered. I’m installing a RIPP Supercharger on my 2011 Rubicon Unlimited with the 3.8L engine.

My question is that I’m running the PSC steering system which won’t allow for the RIPP Supercharger belt to be used - it’s too short because of the sizes of the PSC idler pulley and PSC pump pulley. The PSC tech said to not touch the PSC pump pulley, but to change the idler pulley back to the stock pulley - then to find a belt that fits. The RIPP tech said the same thing. But both could not tell me which belt to use. Has anybody experienced this issue? What belt brand and part# did you use?

Thanks!

Old 05-01-2019, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go ahead and change the pulley as suggested. Then use a piece of string to measure the distance around everything. Talk that length of string to AutoZone ect and they can get you the right belt. Sounds hokey but it works
Old 05-02-2019, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! I had not thought of that! Doing it today...thanks!
Old 05-02-2019, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Then post up what you used for anyone who runs into this in the future!

Quick Reply: PSC Steering system and Ripp Super Charger question