Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pushbutton Lockout for sPod Locker Switches Write-Up

Old 03-11-2016, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
(Gears turning) Looks like I'm going to draw up some plans for something on there..........
Looking forward to what you come up with!

Originally Posted by jedg
I long ago got rid of the electric sway bar disconnect (have the EVO no limits) and so used the panel that had the locker and disconnect buttons for my rockers. Far left is the safety for the lockers, the rest are for expansion.

Attachment 640344
I like that the light is red too!

That's what makes Jeepers the greatest...we make things work the way they should have been designed originally.

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-11-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is awesome! I was planning on using a separate switch on my A-pillar but your idea is much more elegant!
Old 03-12-2016, 02:26 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
That is awesome! I was planning on using a separate switch on my A-pillar but your idea is much more elegant!
Glad I could help.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Panel Lockout Switch

So I got my switch today that had to be shipped from HonKong. I wanted the black one and apparently thats the one all US suppliers don't have.

So I wired it up today. Basically 12v ignition on Positive is wired to the switch to activate the Lockers. So now If your driving down the Highway at 55MPH and you accidentally hit the switch nothing happens. You must now Press the Power button for the panel then flip the switches.

If you flip the rocker without the pressing the power button nothing happens. My wife actually likes this a lot she can be clumsy at times.. Here is the thing we have had it without the safety for months and no incidents so I'm thinking this might just be a waste.....

Anyways here are the pictures of them. One is Daytime. One is Night/Lowlight. and one is Accidentally Tripped.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SafetyDark.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	641038   Click image for larger version

Name:	SafteyLight.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	641039   Click image for larger version

Name:	AccidentTrip.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	641040  
Old 03-17-2016, 04:07 PM
JK Junkie

I felt the same way as I am in full control of my Jeep when I'm driving and my switches are up high. But as I said in the first post, other guys were worried about it because their gf would say what does this do and push buttons. I only did the write up to show them how they could prevent that.

Nicely executed though.

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-18-2016 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Central Spot

The switches are near the radio in the center so they are in more danger of being hit than above the rear view mirror. My wife feels better about it now. Happy Wife=Happy life.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:33 AM
JK Junkie

True. Not like it hurts anything and was easy to do.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I felt the same way as I am in full control of my Jeep when I'm driving and my switches are up high. But as I said in the first post, other guys were worried about it because their gf would say what does this do and push buttons. I only did the write up to show them how they could prevent that.

Nicely executed though.
Here's something scary for you, and it has nothing to do with a curious girlfriend. I had a Contour switch fail internally in my sPOD. When any other switch in the sPOD was turned on, it also turned on (even though it physically never moved). It was a bad switch. sPOD and Contour replaced switch, but wanted old one to analyze. But here's the scary part: Some folks put CB or fridge on sPOD. In my case it just caused engine to overheat, because it was the engine fan off switch. But suppose you reach up on Interstate to turn on CB and front locker engages, too?
Old 03-19-2016, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Here's something scary for you, and it has nothing to do with a curious girlfriend. I had a Contour switch fail internally in my sPOD. When any other switch in the sPOD was turned on, it also turned on (even though it physically never moved). It was a bad switch. sPOD and Contour replaced switch, but wanted old one to analyze. But here's the scary part: Some folks put CB or fridge on sPOD. In my case it just caused engine to overheat, because it was the engine fan off switch. But suppose you reach up on Interstate to turn on CB and front locker engages, too?
Wow! That is scary. That makes me feel good I have done the mod.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

And maybe now you will consider the flashing LED on that circuit?!

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-20-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Pushbutton Lockout for sPod Locker Switches Write-Up