Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about the full traction lifts

Old 02-01-2007, 06:33 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default question about the full traction lifts

Ok so im looking at a lift for my rubicon which is gonna be here in a couple months... I am kinda lost when it comes to suspension components and therefore lost on which lift would be best for me. Im currently trying to decide between the premium, econo, or ultimate full traction 3 inch kits.

I live in texas and I would not be doing much rock crawling if any at all and I would mostly be wheeling in mud or creek beds and stuff like that. I am planning on running wheel spacers on the stock wheels with the 35 inch tires. What is there really to gain by going with the more expensive kits? What if it was between the teraflex and full tracion econo?

Any help would greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

...also if I am running 35s on the stock wheels do I need a wheel spacer for the spare as well?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

An Econo Lift is just that, an great affordable basic lift that'll get you up 3" off the ground and ready to be upgraded as funds permit. Now, the Premium and even better yet, the Ultimate kit come with everything you need to dial in your ride and make it handle/perform like stock or better. Yes, they will help you play on the rocks but even more important, they will allow you to correct your suspension geometry.

If you have the money, I would recommend you use it and get the parts you'd eventually end up getting anyway with a more affordable kit.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2" FT lift is complete for $119 plus shocks and for 1" more you need to go with the ultimate to be sure your system geometry is correct. For a difference of 1" it seems like you need a lot of equipment to make it "complete". Makes me believe the 2" isn't quit complete. If I went with the 2", what else should I add to make it complete.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:07 AM
TEV
JK Freak

hmm ok so where I go to have someone adjust the lift geometry if I went with a ultimate? I know enough to install the lift myself which is what I plan on doing but when it comes to all the adjustments I think that id be lost.

So basically the rubicon with an econo lift will handle worse than stock?

....also still wondering about the spare tire and if a wheel spacer is needed.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

I've got the 2" FT and 35s and it's running great. The secret is the bump stops and the wheels. I think the stock wheels are too narrow for any 35s and even with the spacers will cause clearance problems because the tire sticks out so much more beyond the rim.

Chuck
Old 02-02-2007, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need a spacer for the spare tire as well to fit a 35x12.5 on stock wheel/bumper assembly. I'm running the 1" Teraflex wheel spacers with 35x12.5x18 on stock wheels w/ 3" Teraflex on stock wheels. You might get a sligt rub on the air diffuser depending on tire/spacer chosen.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:56 AM
JK Junkie

I am running a 3" lift with 35" tires on stock wheels and 1.5" spacers, and have no rubbing. I was also able to put the 35" spare on without an additional spacer. It rubs the bumper a little, but causes no problems.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Once our JK arrives I've ordered the 3" ultimate kit full traction with 1 3/8 " wheel spacers on 35" MTZ tires,Mell @ offroad evolution said upon installation that rubbing will not be an issue.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:28 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by del4s
I've got the 2" FT and 35s and it's running great. The secret is the bump stops and the wheels. I think the stock wheels are too narrow for any 35s and even with the spacers will cause clearance problems because the tire sticks out so much more beyond the rim.

Chuck

any pics of this setup? So whats the deal with the 2 inch, since its just a spacer for the springs it doesn't cause any geometry problems in the suspension? I just hate to spend an extra $2000 dollars on aftermarket suspension components after I pay for the stock components which Im sure are fine. Id just like to get an extra little bit of ground clearance.

Thanks for the help everyone, I really do apreciate it.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:30 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Puddlz
Once our JK arrives I've ordered the 3" ultimate kit full traction with 1 3/8 " wheel spacers on 35" MTZ tires,Mell @ offroad evolution said upon installation that rubbing will not be an issue.
see I do want to get the best and most complete kit but at the same time I know nothing about adjusting everything. Is this something a shop could do and it would be a one time adjustment never have to touch it agian kinda thing? Only place I know of close to me is 4wheelparts and iv heard mixed reviews of there work.

Quick Reply: question about the full traction lifts