Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about the full traction lifts

Old 02-03-2007, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be fine with only a 2", but keep an ear out. Usually you will hear, maybe feel, a humming or vibration under your feet.
And ,unfortunately, I have seen the dealership void the powertrain portion of the warranty. I was the mechanic and I knew the instant I put an angle-finder on the customer's jeep. That really sucked to be a mechanic that day. The guy was a buddy, I had sold him his jeep while I was waiting to get hired as the mechanic at the dealership.
Now, I build houses! No dealersh*t. Um, I mean no crap to deal with. Haha.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed the 2" FT lift and have not noticed any problems with driveshaft vibrations. The only thing I would like to do is add the adjustable track bar on the front.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:50 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
You should be fine with only a 2", but keep an ear out. Usually you will hear, maybe feel, a humming or vibration under your feet.
And ,unfortunately, I have seen the dealership void the powertrain portion of the warranty. I was the mechanic and I knew the instant I put an angle-finder on the customer's jeep. That really sucked to be a mechanic that day. The guy was a buddy, I had sold him his jeep while I was waiting to get hired as the mechanic at the dealership.
Now, I build houses! No dealersh*t. Um, I mean no crap to deal with. Haha.
I think the FT 2inch lift is actually 1 to 1.5 inch in the rear... can someone confirm? I know the front is higher to level it out. A front track bar is def on my list. Anything else you would suggest for this lift?

So the dealership actually contacted jeep to void his warranty? Or just that dealership denied the service? If they actually did submit it to jeep to void the warranty then that is a horrible stealership. On another note Iv seen dealerships replace transmissions on a modded engine and not say anything about it. Since jeep actually reinburses the dealership for warranty claims and never sees the vehicle its 100% the dealerships call. I agree tho, it would have sucked to work for them on that day.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:51 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tjconnaway
I just installed the 2" FT lift and have not noticed any problems with driveshaft vibrations. The only thing I would like to do is add the adjustable track bar on the front.
have any pics?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

As soon as I can get pictures taken I will post them. I am still running the stock 18 in wheels and tires. I did not measure the before height so I can not tell you exactly how high it lifted it in the rear.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:50 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tjconnaway
As soon as I can get pictures taken I will post them. I am still running the stock 18 in wheels and tires. I did not measure the before height so I can not tell you exactly how high it lifted it in the rear.
cool planning on 33s?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TEV
have any pics?
I just added the FT 2" last weekend and I'm running 285X75X16 Maxxis Bighorns on the stock Aluminum Wheels. I really didn't level the front end.

I would add the Adjustable Track Bar, the brackets seem to be off drilled on some of them as was the case with mine. Not to much trouble to correct assuming you have the proper tools. I'm ordering the adjustable track bar for my setup.

Overall I'm really staisfied with the ride, had the ESP activate on some really twisty mountain roads in some of the severe off camber corners, but normal driving isn't an issue.

The Delaer set my computer tire size to match the 32" Rubicon size.

There are few things I would reccomend after doing the install if you will be doing the lift on your own.

The front bump stops are mounted with self tapping hardware, unfortunately in my opinion the metal isn't really thick enough to get a good bite with the self tapping hardware provided.

Go buy some stainless nuts, bolts and washers of the same length and go up one or drill sizes when drilliing the holes, then mount the bump stops with the nuts and bolts, there is enough room to under where drilled to add the washer and nut.

If you can use a spring compressor, it will make the job much simpler, if you don't drill the front bump stops holes put the springs on then slide the bimp stops through the springs and bolt into place. I did this on the second side and had plenty of room to slide the stop between the coils and get a ratchet in to tighten.

Let me know if you want some addtional pictures, front rear more side views etc. and I'll post for you.

Hope this helps.

--Bill
Old 02-04-2007, 12:54 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by crazy4sip
I just added the FT 2" last weekend and I'm running 285X75X16 Maxxis Bighorns on the stock Aluminum Wheels. I really didn't level the front end.

I would add the Adjustable Track Bar, the brackets seem to be off drilled on some of them as was the case with mine. Not to much trouble to correct assuming you have the proper tools. I'm ordering the adjustable track bar for my setup.

Overall I'm really staisfied with the ride, had the ESP activate on some really twisty mountain roads in some of the severe off camber corners, but normal driving isn't an issue.

The Delaer set my computer tire size to match the 32" Rubicon size.

There are few things I would reccomend after doing the install if you will be doing the lift on your own.

The front bump stops are mounted with self tapping hardware, unfortunately in my opinion the metal isn't really thick enough to get a good bite with the self tapping hardware provided.

Go buy some stainless nuts, bolts and washers of the same length and go up one or drill sizes when drilliing the holes, then mount the bump stops with the nuts and bolts, there is enough room to under where drilled to add the washer and nut.

If you can use a spring compressor, it will make the job much simpler, if you don't drill the front bump stops holes put the springs on then slide the bimp stops through the springs and bolt into place. I did this on the second side and had plenty of room to slide the stop between the coils and get a ratchet in to tighten.

Let me know if you want some addtional pictures, front rear more side views etc. and I'll post for you.

Hope this helps.

--Bill
Thanks bill, the jeep looks great man.
Ill take your advice on the bumpstops and use some bolts. In your opinion how is the fitment on the 285s? Do you think there is enough room to go to a 305 without any issues?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TEV
Thanks bill, the jeep looks great man.
Ill take your advice on the bumpstops and use some bolts. In your opinion how is the fitment on the 285s? Do you think there is enough room to go to a 305 without any issues?
The 285's have plenty of room, I like the look but could have went bigger, the 305's should be fine with the 2".

--Bill

Quick Reply: question about the full traction lifts