Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit vs Spacer Leveling Kit

Old 10-16-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit vs Spacer Leveling Kit

Do both kits lift two inches (in front), or does the performance leveling kit lift a little higher in front (in preparation of heavier bumpers, etc). I have a stock bumper and don't want the jeep looking like its squatting. Thanks for any input
Old 10-16-2012, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The description of the Performance 1.5 kit says; "This leveling kit includes a 2" front spring, and a 1" rear spring with longer front swaybar links. This kit is perfect for leveling your JKU, and adding just a touch of lift to compensate for aftermarket bumpers or full size spare".

Click image for larger version

Name:	TF 1.5 Performance Lift.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	378767

The TeraFlex spacer leveling kit says; "This leveling kit adds 2" to the front and 1" to the rear effectively leveling the 2 or 4 door's factory rake stance".

Click image for larger version

Name:	TF_budget_leveling_kit.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	378768

So, they both lift 2" in front and 1" in the rear.

The difference is going to be in the springs themselves. Are the stock springs stiffer (meaning less compressible) or are the TeraFlex springs stiffer?
They both will deliver the same height un-loaded, but when you add a heavy bumper & winch, one front set may remain taller than the other.

Which is stiffer, I do not know the answer that question. Maybe someone else has some experience with these set ups.

I have read that some members with spring lifts (no brand in particular) have to add a spacer in the front to keep their Jeeps level after the installation of heavy bumpers and winches any way, so that's a option too.

Last edited by kaptkrappy; 10-16-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

From what I've read, the kit with the springs is what you want if adding front bumper and winch.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Eventually I will be adding a bumper, but in the mean time I don't want to have the squat look. If it's the same height as the spacer lift, then I will go with the performance lift.

Originally Posted by Tribefan
From what I've read, the kit with the springs is what you want if adding front bumper and winch.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes that's right. On my jku i have a 10,000 lb wench with a steel bumper with teraflex coil lift and i sit pretty good as far as level goes

Quick Reply: Question about Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit vs Spacer Leveling Kit