Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A quiet commute tire

Old 03-11-2019, 03:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTZs

They may not be quiet in a 35" on your jeep, but they are quiet in a 33"on all 5 of mine. The size really shouldn't make much difference, so maybe you have more sensitive ears or your running with your doors off.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Also had them in a 31" in the past, they're loud. Ride a set of bfg's and you'll hear the difference.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

The word "loud" is subjective. Kinda like "a long ways away". Would that be 2 miles, 780 miles or 3,600 miles? Depends upon your perspective. The MTZs are not "loud" to me. I have had some mud "grappler" types that were louder than my wife and these, by comparison, are not. So, for you, I will concede that they must be loud. Nice Jeeps.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Yeah, it's all relative. It's kind of like saying my radio alarm clock is loud but if I was comparing that alarm clock to my stereo system in my JK then my alarm clock is pretty quiet. From what I've seen, Karl has a lot of experience with many of the more popular tires often recommended on the forums so if he says the MTZ's are loud, I'ld tend to agree, especially taking into consideration the MTZ is not an A/T tire....it's a mud-terrain tire. I have BFG KO2's, to me they're relatively quiet but before those I was running the stock Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts...both are A/Ts but the Bridestones were definitely quieter than the KO2's and to me when I read the OP's question I felt he needed to be a little more specific in regards to "quiet". If he stated he was looking for a quiet Mud-Terrain which is kind of an oxy-moron to begin with then the MTZs would likely be at the top of the list. A quiet A/T-M/T hybrid then the KO2s would be at the top. A quiet A/T then I would put the Bridgestones ahead of the KO2's.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

I’ll buy that.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by joe6
I'm looking for a quiet commute tire, I only spend about 10% off road, so something that is quiet and will last a long time.
BFG KO2ATs...look no further.

Quick Reply: A quiet commute tire