Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rancho 4inch sport lift or OME 4inch kit?

Old 12-28-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho 4inch sport lift or OME 4inch kit?

I'm looking for opinions from those who have ran these kits. How did you like it? Did it hold up to abuse on the trails? Overall opinion of it? I can't decide which one I want. I got a feeling I would be happy with both, but I want to hear what others have experienced. Thanks!

Old Man Emu Jeep JK 4 inch Lift Complete Suspension System, 2/4 Door

Rancho 4" Sport System in Black for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had the OME lift for about 6 months now and I love it. Kinda bias about it because I won it in a giveaway from Northridge4x4 but I love the way it rides.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default 4" Rancho Sport Kit

I've been running the older generation of the Rancho 4" sport lift with RS5000 shocks for about 5 months now and I have no complaints.

It rides great and I personally think handles much better then stock on the street even though my center of gravity is higher. The RS5000 shocks are fine, they are defiantly stiffer and are sufficient for what I do also they still have no rust on them which is nice.

As far as trail use goes, I haven't been on the trail a lot but from what little I have done I can tell you this. Without sway bar disconnects the front doesn't like to flex much. The lift is solid, doesn't feel like it going to break or anything like that. Blowing over downed trees and large rocks is a breeze. With the new sport kits that are available they replaced the track bar bracket with a new track bar.. a wise choice as I feel the track bar bracket is the one thing I don't like about the my lift.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Rancho 4inch sport lift or OME 4inch kit?