JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   RC 2.5 Coils/ 2.2 Shock Install (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rc-2-5-coils-2-2-shock-install-74505/)

ejb17 02-25-2009 05:13 AM

RC 2.5 Coils/ 2.2 Shock Install

I did this lift install last night in about 4 hours and that included the test drives to center the wheel. Fairly simple and easy. Drove the Rubi to work today and it rides about the same as the stock setup. The stock rear springs w/o the stock gas shocks are a joke. Better hope those stock rubi shocks hold up a while if you dont do any mods as the rear stock coils are useless for hauling any thing more than groceries. Now for rims/tires-too many choices and too little time.:thumbsup:

CitadelJeep04 02-25-2009 05:44 AM

I'm looking at getting this same lift. Was it pretty straight forward without any snags? Where did you get yours from?

ejb17 02-25-2009 06:47 AM

It was staight forward. Just jack it up high enough so when you let the axles down the new coils go in with no hitches. I purchased it right from RC directly while they had a sale on. I talked to Ben at RC and he was most helpful. Watch on the rear to take off the breather hose and unclip the ABS wires while you are working. It did take me a little longer to install but I neverseized everything as it went back together. I just have to check the caster now but that is recommended with any lift. Rides good-almost same as stock and will probably have a little more capacity-although RC does not make that claim.

JK^2 02-25-2009 06:58 AM

Congrats. Did you get any pics? Install, before/after, etc?

RockRedSahara 02-25-2009 07:16 AM

Lift

I am getting ready to buy that set up. Question I thought re centering the wheel was not necessary?

Thantos 02-25-2009 08:36 AM

Always recenter the steering wheel after a lift. Plus it only takes 3-4 mins and is really easy.

Jeepnatvguy 02-25-2009 09:38 AM

Awesome advice :thumbsup: I will be doing this lift on my Sahara Sat Morning by myself and throwing on 35's. I will then see if I need any other lift like another inch BL or if I will just be fine with the 2.5 Coil. I will be running 17x8 Procomp wheels w 4.5 BS and 35x12.50 Xtreme MT tires. I will take some pics before and after...

db1 02-25-2009 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jeepnatvguy (Post 968106)
Awesome advice :thumbsup: I will be doing this lift on my Sahara Sat Morning by myself and throwing on 35's. I will then see if I need any other lift like another inch BL or if I will just be fine with the 2.5 Coil. I will be running 17x8 Procomp wheels w 4.5 BS and 35x12.50 Xtreme MT tires. I will take some pics before and after...

I'd be interested to hear how the 35's go on. I'm thinking of going in that direction, but really want to stay away from a body lift

C_Kyle 02-25-2009 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jeepnatvguy (Post 968106)

My RC 2.5" coil/shock lift was installed today. I was also looking at 35's, but people have reported rubbing varying from minor at full-flex to lots of rubbing all the time. The 4x4 shop recommends 33's with this lift because of the rubbing. I don't know, I may go with the 33's and now need to pick a different tire than I originally had in mind.

pentz.7 02-25-2009 12:50 PM

35 or bust!