Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE 4.5 Lift Kit

Old 01-28-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE 4.5 Lift Kit

Hey guys just wondering what your thoughts were about this kit and if anyone had any experience with it

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/71705

Im also getting new drive shafts, but again i need to know what i would need with this kit to make it like The Full Traction Ultimate kit with everything.

Or should i just get the long arm kit??

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Robar; 09-27-2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Edited link
Old 01-28-2007, 10:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, considering they aren't even available yet, I seriously doubt you'll be able to get any real experiences with this kit. Otherwise, it pretty much has everything you need in it.

As far as their long arm kit goes, you do know it's about twice the price, right? Also, I have seen JK's on 4" of lift and 37's performing perfectly on and off the trail. The whole point behind the long arm kit design was to correct suspension geometry on previous Jeeps and make them more comfortable, stable and perform better. Need I say, I'm not 100% sure what the point of a long arm kit on a JK is yet. In my opinion, I wouldn't be so eager to hack up, drill and or weld things onto your new Jeep unless it is proven to really benefit it. But then, that's just me.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

That kit would be amazing. It has everything the FT Kit has minus the rear track bar, which personally I could do without. Big problem is the only people with this kit so far are the show trucks from SEMA. Only time will tell, but their old stuff was great.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys and i sorry for asking a dumb question i thought it might be out if it said buy now lol, and plus i have time to spare becuz my jeep hasnt even come in yet :( so im wheelin my Tj Hard to keep from missing my Jk lol
Old 01-28-2007, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

lol and i didnt even know what the long arm kit required welding and things i tohught it just came with more stuff, and yes im aware of the price thats why i posted the thread about the cheaper one lol so what else would i need or does it have it all?? thanks agian
Old 01-28-2007, 11:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JkOwner
lol and i didnt even know what the long arm kit required welding and things i tohught it just came with more stuff, and yes im aware of the price thats why i posted the thread about the cheaper one lol so what else would i need or does it have it all?? thanks agian
Well, in truth, I'm not 100% sure that the RE long arm kit will require welding but it sure looked like it to me. In any event, it will require you to hack off the factory lower control arm mounts off the frame rails. In essence, if you go this route, there's no turning back... or, at least not very easily.

As far as the kit you are inquiring about goes, it look like it has everything you need minus shocks.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

The website says the kit comes with twin tube shocks.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:48 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by woolf
The website says the kit comes with twin tube shocks.
I stand corrected
Old 01-28-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys for all your help i really appreciate it !!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Sponsor

just to clear a few things up on the RE longarm--welding is not required and you do not have to cut the control arm mounts off. The Red Rock colored 2 door I had at SEMA retained its factory mounts and after the show I removed the longarm and sold the Jeep with a 2" Full Traction lift in it. You can go back-the 2 JK's I still have with the RE longarms are working great.
Dan

Quick Reply: RE 4.5 Lift Kit