Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE 4.5 Lift Kit

Old 01-28-2007, 09:19 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnsville Offroad
just to clear a few things up on the RE longarm--welding is not required and you do not have to cut the control arm mounts off. The Red Rock colored 2 door I had at SEMA retained its factory mounts and after the show I removed the longarm and sold the Jeep with a 2" Full Traction lift in it. You can go back-the 2 JK's I still have with the RE longarms are working great.
Dan
Thanks Dan, that's great info and good to know. After you mentioned it, I checked my SEMA pics and I did see the control arm mount still there.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At over 3K, I wish they put some gold in it! Will be great to have info on the difference between a long arm and short one on 4'' on and off road. The great thing about long arm is that you got upper adjustable but it was surely or will be available with short arm. Did you know if you can place the axle in the fenderwell so cutting is not necessary with 37''. If I can put the tire right with a short arm and avoid cutting the rock rail, I will do this way since I was leasing mine and if they offer a diesel or a V8 in the next 3 year, there is a chance that I return it for a new one so putting back the old suspension and transfer it on the new one will be the way to go. Thanks for your info

Quick Reply: RE 4.5 Lift Kit