Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOD Signature Slider Install Question - HELP!

Old 01-14-2018, 01:38 PM
atx
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD Signature Slider Install Question - HELP!

Hi- I have 2017 JKU and am installing the LOD Signature sliders.

I am having trouble getting the slider mounting plates flush with the Jeep frame.

For the front two LOD slider mount plates, do the Jeep OEM crossmember tabs go between the frame and the LOD slider mount plate, or do the OEM crossmember tabs go under the LOD slider mount plate (LOD mount plate between Jeep frame and the OEM crossmember tab)?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by atx
Hi- I have 2017 JKU and am installing the LOD Signature sliders.

I am having trouble getting the slider mounting plates flush with the Jeep frame.

For the front two LOD slider mount plates, do the Jeep OEM crossmember tabs go between the frame and the LOD slider mount plate, or do the OEM crossmember tabs go under the LOD slider mount plate (LOD mount plate between Jeep frame and the OEM crossmember tab)?
I do not have these specific sliders, but I do have frame mounted sliders (white knuckle off-road), which mount similarly to the way you describe, if I am understanding you correctly.

If you are speaking of the cross bar that runs in front of the exhaust crossover, and mounts with one bolt into each frame rail, and serves to help protect the automatic transmission belly pan, then my guess would be this cross bar should be put below the slider, sandwiching the slider between it and the frame rail. I say this, because this cross bar is not present on all year model Jeeps, for my year 2013, it only came equipped on auto transmission Jeeps, as the manual has no belly pan, and therefor doesn't need the extra protection.

I don't have any pictures of this at the moment, but hopeful this helps.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I installed a set on my 14 jkur and I had the oem under the lod tabs. in other words the lod tabs were closet to the ground not frame.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:41 AM
atx
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies. I mounted the LOD brackets below the crossmember tabs. Jadmt, I'm not sure which way you did it? You said OEM below LOD, but also said LOD closest to ground.

Most posts I read, and the 'instructions' show the LOD tabs as I installed them. I'm not sure how the people who weld them could do it this way, I would think they would have to have OEM tabs below the LOD tabs - but mine are installed and not moving.

FYI - A couple of issues on my 2017 JKU install: the lower front 4" bolts wouldn't fit with the upper bolt (too close - and on driver's side brake lines in way). Also, on passenger rear bracket, I had to grind down the fuel tank skid plate a little to be able to slide LOD tab to frame.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

just like that I should have said oem sandwiched between the frame and the lods
Old 01-16-2018, 08:51 AM
atx
JK Newbie

Thanks for the clarification!

It took a while, but I got them installed. One hole on the driver's side was off-center to an extent that I couldn't install the bolt and at a later date I will try to install a 1/2" bolt, moved over to align with LOD hole. Also, I stripped one of the LOD 7/16" bolts and may upgrade those to grade 8 when I get a replacement.

For general info, after installing the driver's side, I found it worked a lot better to attach the LOD rail with the 2 factory bolts and then mark, drill, tap and install the 7/16" rear lower bolts - all with the rail in place. This brought the rail completely up completely flush with bottom of frame, which was partly the problem with my misaligned bolt on driver's side. Then I marked all the upper holes, removed the rail and drilled/tapped upper holes - all perfect.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's how mine are installed...

Quick Reply: LOD Signature Slider Install Question - HELP!