Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-Gearing Question

Old 03-09-2018, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I'll also disagree with this. Bring your gears and it will cost more. That's great that NR4x4 will replace them. Then bring them back to the installer for the same special labor fee from before when you brought your own gears. The gear manufacturer has many ways of offsetting the cost of labor to replace them, which is why an installer will warranty it. Plus, install kits come with parts you don't need and almost always are missing parts you do need. Those missing parts also come with special pricing from the installer if you bring your own parts in. Large shops aren't buying install kits, that's needlessly expensive. They maintain an inventory of install parts and use what is needed.
Bingo. This was my experience as well, and what a few shops in this area told me (back when I was inquiring about gears, and calculating all the different ways I could tackle the gears while saving the most $).

Quick Reply: Re-Gearing Question