Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear axle upgrade advice needed

Old 08-30-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear axle upgrade advice needed

I need to replace a bent rear axle so I want to upgrade in the process. I tried to purchase the Superior 35 spline kit with an ARB locker, new gears etc. I just talked to Superior and they have no idea when these will be produced again.

Any advice on a direction to go? I don't want any cheap chinese steel back there. I saw G2 makes a 35 spline and Alloy USA does.

I plan on running 37's when the front axle is replaced and will eventually be wheeling hard in remote areas so I'm trying to make this as strong as possible.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quadratec told me they had the super 44 kit last week. I hope they do! I've been saving for it.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put on Ten alloy shafts from Northridge with all the bearings and wheel sensors pressed on already they went in like a breeze and so far so good ok them holding up to my 37's and my Eaton E-Locker
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

I order my Ten Factory D44 Non-Rubi rears from Northridge today myself. They are pressing everything on and it should not be too much work.

So.....X2 on the above post. Oh...and Northridge said they are one of the only companies that actually will warranty a bent flange. BONUS!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Biggest thing that makes it easy is there are no C-clips holding the axle shafts on like the TJ's had so all you need to do is pull the brakes off and unbolt the factor shafts and use a slide hammer on them. Make sure the race's come off the axle housing otherwise the new shafts wont fit, learned that one after about 20 minutes of frustration and finally enlisting the help of a second set of eyes
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rays0852
I order my Ten Factory D44 Non-Rubi rears from Northridge today myself. They are pressing everything on and it should not be too much work.

So.....X2 on the above post. Oh...and Northridge said they are one of the only companies that actually will warranty a bent flange. BONUS!
X3..... Same story here. Also get them set up from Dave and you can keep your old setup for trail emergencies.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by highwayman

X3..... Same story here. Also get them set up from Dave and you can keep your old setup for trail emergencies.
You read my mind.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so I went through north ridge and got nitro 35 spline shafts and ARB for my non-rubi rear 44. Is there anything I am going to need for the install. That isn't included in the kits? I ordered new tone rings and axle shaft seal retainers also.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mhare
Ok so I went through north ridge and got nitro 35 spline shafts and ARB for my non-rubi rear 44. Is there anything I am going to need for the install. That isn't included in the kits? I ordered new tone rings and axle shaft seal retainers also.
Other than an air compressor you should be good!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have OBA I was thinking along the lines of the solenoid or pinion seals.

Quick Reply: Rear axle upgrade advice needed