Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear ended. Pics and video!

Old 03-27-2018, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm glad this thread has turned to the cameras... I've been looking at these for several months and just not pulled the trigger...
Old 03-27-2018, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
I'm glad this thread has turned to the cameras... I've been looking at these for several months and just not pulled the trigger...
Same for myself. I finally pulled the trigger on a setup, now waiting for warm weather to install and now I'm starting to come up with more ideas which are more Wrangler specific applications. I really am considering purchasing 2 more 0906 dual cam setups if I decide I like this one.

Here's my current setup thoughts.
0906 Mini Dual cam setup (1)
- Front cam mounted near rear view mirror (Foreward exterior view)
- Rear cam mounted on sound bar facing rearwards (Rear passenger/interior looking out back window view)

0906 Mini Dual cam setup (2)
- Front cam mounted on rear window (Rearward exterior view)
- Rear cam mounted on sound bar facing frontwards (Front passenger/interior dash view)

I would then see about purchasing an additional quick connect mount for this front cam for the rearward view along with a 2nd hard wire kit, so that the front cam can be easily moved between the rear window mount location (hard top on), and a location on the roll bar (top off, soft top on). I'm considering tapping into the rear wiper power wires, so the camera mount easily comes off with the hard top without a bunch of additional wires to connect/disconnect. Gonna have to explore my options there with the wiring.

0906 Mini Dual cam setup (3)
- Front cam mounted on the driver side rear door stationary window (Driver, side of vehicle view)
- Rear cam mounted on the passenger side rear door stationary window (Passenger, side of vehicle view)

There's also some method to my madness with the cam (1) and cam(2) setups in which directions the rear cameras are facing. If someone decides to break into my JK to steal the front cam (1) which is the more noticeable obvious camera which is mounted by the rear view mirror, then the camera setup (2) would still be recording and get a good view of the culprit inside my vehicle. Once they pull the plug on the front cam(1), that would cut the power to the rear camera in the dual cam setup as well as they would be making off with the SD card with the video which is plugged into that front cam.

The thing I think I will need to figure out is how much battery drain there will be when parked and having 6 cameras running but that's also the reason I like the 4 record options for parking mode that the 0906 mini has. I can configure a couple of the setups to only turn on specific cameras when motion is detected to reduce battery consumption.

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-27-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Hahahaha... sounds like a plan to me.

You won't get any flak from me for all the cameras. I've got enough game cameras watching the perimeter of my property that if it's not got 100% of the perimeter, it's danged close.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up the 0906 set off of the ebay link above. Made them an offer of $105 and they accepted it. I'm thinking I'm going to mount the rear camera to the rear roll bar on my JKU. Then I don't have to move things around when I take the hard top off. I'll post pics when I get the cameras. I have already been in a potentially bad situation with my Jeep. Had some idiot make a left turn in front of me and I almost rolled the Jeep avoiding them. A camera would have helped if I didn't stop the Jeep from going over.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just like to add that the guy in the Mustang drives like a douche.

Glad you're OK
Old 04-15-2018, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
I just picked up the 0906 set off of the ebay link above. Made them an offer of $105 and they accepted it. I'm thinking I'm going to mount the rear camera to the rear roll bar on my JKU. Then I don't have to move things around when I take the hard top off. I'll post pics when I get the cameras. I have already been in a potentially bad situation with my Jeep. Had some idiot make a left turn in front of me and I almost rolled the Jeep avoiding them. A camera would have helped if I didn't stop the Jeep from going over.
Good to know. I offered him $110 and he accepted...since I'm thinking of purchasing 2 more, I'll have to shoot for the $105 next time around. It's already the best deal at their regular listed price since it comes with both the hard wire kit which you need for the parking mode and the CPL lens as well which is good for the front windshield to cut down the glare. Still waiting for some warm weather to hook mine up.

For the rear, since I'm deciding to run another setup and use the front cam in the rear, I ordered one of these additional front camera quick clips. My thinking is that I can move the rear camera to the rear window when top is on, and to my roll bar when the top is off by having 2 quick mount clips in the rear.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LK6BDD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The additional mount hasn't arrived yet....questionable Amazon purchase coming from China but I couldn't find anywhere else to purchase the additional quick connect mount.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-15-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by deathwagon
I would just like to add that the guy in the Mustang drives like a douche.

Glad you're OK
When I 1st started watching his video....I said yep, guy in the Mustang drives like a douche and is going to run into him. He likely played some part in causing it.

Quick Reply: Rear ended. Pics and video!