JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Rear location bracket question (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rear-location-bracket-question-349395/)

VitalJeep 02-18-2019 08:50 PM

Rear location bracket question

Good evening...

I recently installed a 2.5” Rubicon Express suspension lift which came with a rear track bar relocation bracket.

I also installed adjustable lower control arms and an adjustable front track bar.

After installing a rear AEV tire carrier, front bumper stinger, winch mounting plate, and winch, I’ve lost a little height.

I was thinking of adding 1” coil spacers to regain some height and get a little extra.

Should I be ok to add these coil spacers with that relocation bracket? I’m thinking I’ll be sitting at about 3” after the 2.5” lift, 1” coil spacers, and sag from the added weight. The bracket was made for 2.5”

Please share your thoughts! :)

nthinuf 02-18-2019 09:57 PM

The rear bracket will be fine, it's a fractional difference. I haven't actually seen anyone post a table that shows 1" lift height = 1/8" or 1/16" axle shift or whatever, but the change you are talking about will be minimal. Ya know, started at 2.5", lost .5" from weight, add 1" spacers, nets you out .5" taller than the you started, with the axle shifted another 1/16" or whatever (no idea of the real measurements, just throwing random numbers at it). If you are super anal and have to have that axle perfectly centered, add an adjustable trackbar later...

resharp001 02-21-2019 11:24 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I have a raised bracket and an adjustable rear TB......and I intentionally cheat my axle off center to the driver's side. if I don't, I have clearance issues with my DS yoke hitting my gas skid when wheeling. It won't be a big deal at all. If it bothers you enough, I think the cheapest adjustable rear TB out there is still probably the Rough Country one. I'm not a fan of RC products, but that is what I actually have on mine. The rear TB is just not that important relative to all other suspension parts. It's just centering the axle.

VitalJeep 02-28-2019 02:30 PM

Thank you, both!

Thanks, guys. I ordered the coil spacers today. I also ordered some brake line relocation brackets for good “measure”... hehe

resharp001 03-01-2019 06:18 AM

While you're back there by the brake lines, it's often handy to take a big zip tie and pull the hard brake lines as snug to the frame rail as possible. This depends on what links you have and how you have bolts orientated, but a common problem is that the sway bar passes up above the brake line when wheelin, and then when it comes back to a neutral position the sway bar link's bolt grabs the hard brake line and pulls it down in to a "V". I can tell you from experience, it's easier to secure that hard brake line with nice thick zip ties than it is to replace those hard lines. Peace of mind. You can get nice thick zip ties at WalMart for cheap....18"+ lengths in 5-6 packs for a couple bucks.

VitalJeep 03-01-2019 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by resharp001 (Post 4337180)
While you're back there by the brake lines, it's often handy to take a big zip tie and pull the hard brake lines as snug to the frame rail as possible. This depends on what links you have and how you have bolts orientated, but a common problem is that the sway bar passes up above the brake line when wheelin, and then when it comes back to a neutral position the sway bar link's bolt grabs the hard brake line and pulls it down in to a "V". I can tell you from experience, it's easier to secure that hard brake line with nice thick zip ties than it is to replace those hard lines. Peace of mind. You can get nice thick zip ties at WalMart for cheap....18"+ lengths in 5-6 packs for a couple bucks.

thank you! I’ll take a look.

i did also buy a set of JKS brake line relocation brackets. I know you’re not referring to the lines in that area, but I just thought I’d throw that out there.

im open to any little tidbits of knowledge!

resharp001 03-02-2019 01:41 PM

quick snapshot -

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jk-...0e49540d2a.jpg

Nothing fancy. With a drop bracket, you're pulling that hard line just a touch lower as well (more in to harms way). Quick zip tie does help a bit.....better than nothing at least. Notice I don't have a big zip tie like I suggested above, just a couple normal ones. I need to replace mine with a good tie that I now have on hand.

VitalJeep 03-02-2019 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by resharp001 (Post 4337256)
quick snapshot -

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jk-...0e49540d2a.jpg

Nothing fancy. With a drop bracket, you're pulling that hard line just a touch lower as well (more in to harms way). Quick zip tie does help a bit.....better than nothing at least. Notice I don't have a big zip tie like I suggested above, just a couple normal ones. I need to replace mine with a good tie that I now have on hand.

thank you! 👌🏼