Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Track Bar hitting coils? How to fix this?

Old 06-20-2019, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I see that. I’ll measure tomorrow. A buddy of mine said my springs looked too bowed as well and should check my wedges to see if I can’t straighten them out or buy a new adjustable track bar.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by jarrettcochran@gmail.com
Yeah I see that. I’ll measure tomorrow. A buddy of mine said my springs looked too bowed as well and should check my wedges to see if I can’t straighten them out or buy a new adjustable track bar.
The bowed springs are a byproduct of extending the arms and pushing the axle back (the spring perch on the axle no longer lines up with the mount under the tub.) This is a normal thing. The best solution is to cut off the axle side perch and re orientate with new weld on ones or an adjustable ones which isn't a super cheap option so most of us live with it. If you can weld, it's a good cheap project.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue on my 2013 10A Rubicon just after putting on my 3.5" lift. I took it to a place that specializes in Jeeps. He removed the spring perches, reoriented them to the correct position for the lift then welded them back on. Just as stated in the previous post.

Haven't had a problem since........at least with the suspension that is.

KG6SLC aka Eugene

Last edited by KG6SLC; 06-21-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Simplest fix is degree wedge rear lower spring seats by Synergy or Rock Krawler. These will stand the spring up straight and thus clear the track bar. I've run these for 10 years and nearly 80k miles, no issues. They add about 1/2" lift.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/c...on-wedges-rear

Last edited by SoK66; 06-29-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear Track Bar hitting coils? How to fix this?