JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Rear Wiper on 08 Hardtop not working (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rear-wiper-08-hardtop-not-working-305863/)

08GumbyJKU 06-19-2014 05:06 PM

Rear Wiper on 08 Hardtop not working

Tried using the rear wiper today and got some weird results. When i turn it on the radio goes hay-wire and cuts in and out. If i have my iPod plugged into the AUX cable it makes the song skip around. Needless to say it doesn't work. If i try and do rear washer it does it even worse. The plug is seated firmly into the connector on the hardtop. Being new to jeeps this has me stumped. I have power for my switches tapped into the ignition power port next to the 12V, don't know if that changes anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated since i'd like to use the rear wiper... Thanks!!

m&kknox 06-19-2014 05:10 PM

Take the hardtop off and don't worry about the problem till winter.

ronjenx 06-19-2014 05:25 PM

It's all computer controlled. You select the rear wiper with the switch on the stalk. It communicates with the cluster over the CAN Bus. The cluster tells the TIPM to actuate the rear wiper relay. The relay sends power to the rear wiper motor.
So, it could be a communication problem. If it is, disconnect the battery negative terminal for a minute, then reconnect it. It will reset the computers. See if it goes back to normal operation.

08GumbyJKU 06-20-2014 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ronjenx (Post 3934317)
It's all computer controlled. You select the rear wiper with the switch on the stalk. It communicates with the cluster over the CAN Bus. The cluster tells the TIPM to actuate the rear wiper relay. The relay sends power to the rear wiper motor.
So, it could be a communication problem. If it is, disconnect the battery negative terminal for a minute, then reconnect it. It will reset the computers. See if it goes back to normal operation.

Tried that, still same issue. Could the motor be dead?

08GumbyJKU 07-09-2014 09:25 PM

Problem...now it doesn't do anything. No spray, no radio issue, nothing..

08GumbyJKU 07-10-2014 09:41 PM

Anyone?

Mountain Man Tim 07-10-2014 11:41 PM

try a 15 minute battery disconnect, when you reconnect make sure the ground is solid. if all else fails you may need to get it trouble shot.

Earth Siege 07-11-2014 12:20 AM

Remove the connector and check for water or damage.

Follow the cable from the hard top connector, down the fender to ensure that it isnt cut/damaged/grounded anywhere all the way to the dash.

Also check the fuses since the problem stopped it may have blown.

08GumbyJKU 07-31-2014 05:09 PM

Thinking the motors dead.

08GumbyJKU 09-14-2014 01:45 PM

Replaced the motor...now nothing happens.