Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear XRC Armor W/ Flush Mohnts

Old 04-09-2016, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the same resistor I grabbed off amazon. It's funny that the company you bought your taillights from has it for like $25 or so.
I don't blame you for being "lazy" though. If my budget allowed it I would be the same way. I'm just not at the point in my life yet.
I will say that over the last year or so I've been choosing to spend money on the tools/machinery instead of the actual item. I figure my jeep won't be the last vehicle I build.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Having the the right tools to do the job saves you the pain of stopping in the middle of doing something driving into town going to the tool store getting what you need and driving back. Turns a 1 hour job into a 3 hour job. I know I'v done it plenty of times and by the time I get back you have to get your mind back into the project to get rolling again. Before a job I try to figure out what I need but it seems like every job you need a special tool that you will never use again.... it gets annoying sometimes.

Tools last your lifetime if you buy quality ones. Vehicles come and go.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:16 AM
JK Super Freak

This shit fits worse than anything I've ever put on. Had to cut off 1/2 so the rear sat flush.
I'm on the verge of just welding it onto the jeep and then painting it...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3146744292.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	480.4 KB
ID:	643592  

Last edited by Chuck-The-Ripper; 04-13-2016 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
This shit fits worse than anything I've ever put on. Had to cut off 1/2 so the rear sat flush.
I'm on the verge of just welding it onto the jeep and then painting it...
This is exactly why I have held off on these. I love the look but with such large pieces coming from Smittybilt, it made me nervous fitment wise.

Badass job on the lights
Old 04-13-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
This is exactly why I have held off on these. I love the look but with such large pieces coming from Smittybilt, it made me nervous fitment wise. Badass job on the lights
Thanks dude. I've installed a front set of these on a buddies a couple years ago and it wasn't too-too bad. Definitely not like these rear.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Looks great!! Looking forward to seeing it Once you get some paint on it.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Me too. The whole ordeal has my stomach a little uneasy. My jeep used to be nice and now it looks like a woods beater lol.
I really would like to color match them but I need to make some cash so I don't have to deal with the wife's bullshit, lol.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

Any updates on this?
Old 04-20-2016, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Unfortunately no. I haven't had much time and every chance I get to work on them I'm convinced to go wheeling. I should work on them tomorrow. I'm still undecided if i want to color match them off the jeep, install them and paint them, or just bedline them. I'd like to color match them but then there's the choice between using one part aerosol paint with hardener and clear coat or conventional paint and using my compressor. Also if I were to do that is have to strip them and sand them to get as many imperfections out as possible. I hate options.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the attention span of a squirrel. Nutsert tool comes in tomorrow so I'll be installing them then. I bent up some tube and added them to my rubi sliders today. Still got a little left to do but the wife threw a fit about making noise past 11... Lol.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1913088776.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	645046  

Quick Reply: Rear XRC Armor W/ Flush Mohnts