Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommend Inner Fenders?

Old 08-16-2018, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend Inner Fenders?

Hi, I have a 18 Willy’s. Hopefully this is the right forum.

Originally bought Red Rock Flat Fenders and Inner Fenders but they came warped, holes misaligned, just couldn’t get them all on. Was pissed and returned them. I broke a lot of the stock clips so for the last 3 months I haven’t had any fenders or inners on.

I need recommendations on inner fenders that require no cutting as I don’t have the mechanical skill or tools to cut anything (I can drill if need be). I have 33s on but mayboen day go up to 35s.

Havent quite decided on my fenders yet but I will be choosing between Smittybuilt XRC Flat Fender Flares, Barricade HD Flat fenders or the steel flat top fenders from leds4less. I am leaning heavily to the Smittybuilt.

So if anyone could recommend some inner fenders that require no cutting and compatible Smittybuilt or maybe Barricade that would be amazing.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-16-2018, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Most aftermarket liners should work easily for you without having to hack away. The Ace liners attached via 2 existing bolts at the top center, than with a small self tapping screw by the front body mount, and another towards the rear section of the liner…..both very easily accessible. They are a 10 minute install. I think most of the 1-piece designs are about the same. Back in the day it seemed the options were mutli-piece designs from PSC and Crawler Conceptz, but once manufactures figured out a solid 1-piece design, they started flooding the market. Now inner liners are as cheap as ~150 compared to the $350+ options. I think the only 1-piece design that might be a headache for application would be the Aries. They have a different look which is kind of nice, but they attach via many more spots.

I got my Ace liners bare, and then powder coated them to match my other things.

You can get those with or without the LED marker light. TBH, none of these are really functional pieces. You could argue some venting will help the engine bay, but they are all hiding the ugliness behind em. They don’t have to be super pricey.

Last edited by resharp001; 08-17-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

x2 on Ace inner fenders. I have put them through a ton of punishment and they still look brand new. I also like the holes to help cool engine compartment. Like said above, installation was a breeze. And little I install on the Jeep is ever a breeze.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiansrck27
Hi, I have a 18 Willy’s. Hopefully this is the right forum.

Originally bought Red Rock Flat Fenders and Inner Fenders but they came warped, holes misaligned, just couldn’t get them all on. Was pissed and returned them. I broke a lot of the stock clips so for the last 3 months I haven’t had any fenders or inners on.

I need recommendations on inner fenders that require no cutting as I don’t have the mechanical skill or tools to cut anything (I can drill if need be). I have 33s on but mayboen day go up to 35s.

Havent quite decided on my fenders yet but I will be choosing between Smittybuilt XRC Flat Fender Flares, Barricade HD Flat fenders or the steel flat top fenders from leds4less. I am leaning heavily to the Smittybuilt.

So if anyone could recommend some inner fenders that require no cutting and compatible Smittybuilt or maybe Barricade that would be amazing.

Thanks,

Mike
I have the smittybuilt xrc flat fenders and rough country inner liners. Fit together great and covers the gap in the body well. There is one bolt I had to leave out, but it's not been an issue. I also have 35's on stock wheels and 1.25" spacers with no rubbing issues up front.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ace. You just need freakishly small hands to get the led lights in.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the DV8 inners, I really like the look over the others but they rattled like crazy until I came up with a cutting and taping solution. If I could redo it, I might go Ace. They look great to me and the one piece looks like less rattle...
Old 08-22-2018, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got the Ace inners as well, they're pretty sweet. Get a little rubbing at flex and steering lock, even though I'm still stock otherwise. But they bend out of the way well enough that you can just lean on them hard and get that tiny bit of extra room.
The following users liked this post:
SheepyTheJKU (08-22-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRubycon
I've got the Ace inners as well, they're pretty sweet. Get a little rubbing at flex and steering lock, even though I'm still stock otherwise. But they bend out of the way well enough that you can just lean on them hard and get that tiny bit of extra room.
FYI, I have the same issue on the DV8's. 35's and 4.5 Backspace
Old 08-22-2018, 09:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Y, when I had 4.5" BS, I rubbed every so slightly......just enough to very lightly scratch my powder coat. Never bent the liner at all though. Current 3.5" BS is no issue at all as one would expect. I had a buddy with the CC liners and same issue. I think the only ones that look like have more clearance are the Aries as they are a bit more form fitting, similar to the factory plastic liners.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Most aftermarket liners should work easily for you without having to hack away. The Ace liners attached via 2 existing bolts at the top center, than with a small self tapping screw by the front body mount, and another towards the rear section of the liner…..both very easily accessible. They are a 10 minute install. I think most of the 1-piece designs are about the same. Back in the day it seemed the options were mutli-piece designs from PSC and Crawler Conceptz, but once manufactures figured out a solid 1-piece design, they started flooding the market. Now inner liners are as cheap as ~150 compared to the $350+ options. I think the only 1-piece design that might be a headache for application would be the Aries. They have a different look which is kind of nice, but they attach via many more spots.

I got my Ace liners bare, and then powder coated them to match my other things.

You can get those with or without the LED marker light. TBH, none of these are really functional pieces. You could argue some venting will help the engine bay, but they are all hiding the ugliness behind em. They don’t have to be super pricey.

I literally have the exact same setup. Ace inner fender liners and Genright flare deletes. Love the way the Jeep looks without the flares.

Quick Reply: Recommend Inner Fenders?