Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Spacers w/ 2.5" TF Lift

Old 12-02-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Spacers w/ 2.5" TF Lift

So I've been running my TF 2.5" Coil/Shock lift for a year and a half or so and feel like I need a little more height. I was looking in to purchasing the 1" TF front and rear spacers and guides. I'm a novelty 4 wheeler, so I'll go up maybe a couple times a year and nothing too extreme (granted we went on a 6/10 in the fall). I am a little unsure if you can run these spacers with the lift I have so here are some questions:
Can these be ran with the lift above?
Will I need to pull off the spacers that came with the lift?
Pros/Cons of doing this?
if I add flat fenders can I get 37's?

Any other comments appreciated..
Thanks.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rdubb1031
So I've been running my TF 2.5" Coil/Shock lift for a year and a half or so and feel like I need a little more height. I was looking in to purchasing the 1" TF front and rear spacers and guides. I'm a novelty 4 wheeler, so I'll go up maybe a couple times a year and nothing too extreme (granted we went on a 6/10 in the fall). I am a little unsure if you can run these spacers with the lift I have so here are some questions:
Can these be ran with the lift above?
Will I need to pull off the spacers that came with the lift?
Pros/Cons of doing this?
if I add flat fenders can I get 37's?

Any other comments appreciated..
Thanks.
I browsed over another thread on something similar the other day. Someone was asking if they could stack spacers and the majority of people replied , yes you can. Someone mentioned the daystar pucks are stackable but it was also mentioned that if you stack too many, it would cause the spring to pop out under articulation. I don't have any experience with this but I would say you could use the spacer on top of your puck to level your jeep out. I would not try multiple spacers(2 or more). I'm sure someone else with experience with this will chime in. Hope this helps!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Spacers came with your 2.5" coil lift? What size? Are they being used to level your jk? (front only, or tall front and short rear?)

Yes, you can add spacers on top of coils, but I wouldn't recommend stacking spacers. So what you do will depend on what you have, or what you need to keep it level. Also, which components do you have? With the extra height, you may want caster correction. Adj trackbars to re-center the axles. Longer links to keep the swaybars level. Longer brakelines. Longer bumpstops. Some type of steering angle correction. Driveshafts. etc. These may or may not be wanted/needed, just depends.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong. But 3" is the magic number. Below 3" and your talking $xxx.xx. Above 3" and your talking $X,xxx.xx.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

I have this kit from TF http://www.teraflex.biz/2-5-jk-lift-...ocks-4-dr.html which i believe now doesn't include the spacers. I think they're on the rear ( I'll check later today).

These are some of the things I'm trying to figure out. I'm going to be putting on the Currie Steering system, TF HD ADJ trackbar, JKS quick discos, so the I was thinking of adding the spacers at that time.. however if I'm creating bigger problems then I won't..

keep the thoughts coming..
Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so i am running a 2.5 coil lift with shocks and a 1" spacer front and back on my 4 door with no problems
Old 12-02-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been wondering the same thing but I don't want to get into any other issues with my 2012.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

its a nice setup
Old 12-02-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gunbo75
so i am running a 2.5 coil lift with shocks and a 1" spacer front and back on my 4 door with no problems
Well what I was hinting at. Many have to replace the drive shafts shortly after lifting above 3". Guess that depends on how much you flex your rig?
Old 12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

so far its ok but i am running 2.5 shocks though

Quick Reply: Help with Spacers w/ 2.5" TF Lift