Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regear or save for Axle Swap

Old 05-09-2019, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never thought of it that way, interesting about 40s and above it makes sense, I’ve onky been in the jeep world for a little over a year and just want more and more of it.! I’m at 33s right now and that works fine doing a good amount of things at hidden falls but I’m still trying to be able to hit all their 5 diamond trails. At the same time I’ve never pushed the limits of my 33s with a 3in lift yet, still haven’t high centered or anything either. You make a great point about the rubi lockers that I never thought of, but have heard people having issues with the electric actuation. Would hate to dump money into axle with lockers that have a frequent issue of malfunctioning!
Old 05-09-2019, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan_AustinJKU
I’m still trying to be able to hit all their 5 diamond trails.
I'm not certain even D60s and 40s gets up Stonehenge.

Originally Posted by Ryan_AustinJKU
At the same time I’ve never pushed the limits of my 33s with a 3in lift yet, still haven’t high centered or anything either.
Couple years ago, one buddy with a 3.5" AEV lift and 35s got high centered coming down ....I think just one of the ledges over there on Baby Back. I just laughed and laughed. To this day I give him crap about having to be tugged DOWN something.

I need to get back down to HF. It's been 2 years now I think since I've been down there. Loose(r) limestone isn't really my thing, but it's a change of pace from time to time.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I'm not certain even D60s and 40s gets up Stonehenge.

Couple years ago, one buddy with a 3.5" AEV lift and 35s got high centered coming down ....I think just one of the ledges over there on Baby Back. I just laughed and laughed. To this day I give him crap about having to be tugged DOWN something.

I need to get back down to HF. It's been 2 years now I think since I've been down there. Loose(r) limestone isn't really my thing, but it's a change of pace from time to time.
HF is talking about closing Stonehenge. They said no one has successfully completed the trail in over a year now. We talked about making it a bounty hill but HF said that isent the kind of attention they want. It has gotten pretty nasty, watched a rock bouncer roll his way down it a few times until he snapped a U joint. Also i wouldn't really recommend it anymore. They have started going around and filling in trails. So the level 3s are now 2s and so on, kinda sad really. They are starting to cater more towards first time wheelers and lightly modified rigs. If you are running a decent set up it will be a cake walk, unless you try Stonehenge lol
Old 05-09-2019, 08:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
They have started going around and filling in trails. So the level 3s are now 2s and so on, kinda sad really. They are starting to cater more towards first time wheelers and lightly modified rigs. If you are running a decent set up it will be a cake walk, unless you try Stonehenge lol
That's too bad to hear. Any time a park interferes like that, it takes several years before erosion and what not works the trail back to something decent.

Have you by chance been to Trees Ranch Offroad near Leakey - Trees Ranch Offroad

I was looking at that place yesterday. It's just a bit far from DFW....to the point would rather drive to Hot Springs, but I hadn't really noticed that place before. Private land usually isn't as interesting to me, but it's harder and harder to find things that are just different.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Have you by chance been to Trees Ranch Offroad near Leakey - Trees Ranch Offroad
Never heard of them. I might have to look into it more, my parents house is literally 5 minutes for HF so we ran there alot as it was a free place to stay. But lately we have been going to Wolf Caves, trails are good and its all granite. So its something different, having to worry more about tire placement for grip.

Quick Reply: Regear or save for Axle Swap