Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regear and while I'm at it plan...

Old 09-13-2014, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5.13 and 5.38 with 35s will feel great arround town, but they are not that good on the highway. You not only have to pay attention to the engine RPM, but the driveshaft RPM, specially if you lifted your jeep and are running aftermarket DSs. Download the spicer app, do the math and see if you are too close to the safe operating RPM. Driveshaft vibration at high RPM ends up on it getting loose and kaboom, there goes your transfer case.

Last edited by Offroad; 09-13-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! A lot of good info here on regearing. It sounds like 5.13 might be the way to go? I don't plan on going any bigger on tires. I think it would open a whole new can of worms.

Anyone have experience with TrueTracs? I've read a bit about them. Just wondering if anyone else could chime in.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Regear and while I'm at it plan...