Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remove flares to Rhinoline both fenders/quarter panels? Or leave them on?

Old 11-09-2016, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove flares to Rhinoline both fenders/quarter panels? Or leave them on?

I got a Rhinoliner kit, did my new front winch bumper and also grill/factory steps. Loved how easy it was and how well it turned out. But that was only phase I.

Phase II is the rear bumper/tire carrier and tailgate. But while I am at it I want to hit Phase III which is the front/rear quarter panels/fenders/door jams. Just not sure if it is necessary/advised to remove the fenders before spraying. Obviously I want to save the effort. I know that pulling the fenders would be ideal. Not lazy, just crunched for time with work and want to see if anyone has done this.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

If you're speaking of the plastic fender flares then yes, you'll want to remove them to complete the liner. They've get a curve on them that would not cover well if you try to spray them on the vehicle.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
If you're speaking of the plastic fender flares then yes, you'll want to remove them to complete the liner. They've get a curve on them that would not cover well if you try to spray them on the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Remove flares to Rhinoline both fenders/quarter panels? Or leave them on?