Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Cross member

Old 12-29-2008, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Cross member

So on one of my last wheelin' trips I mangled my cross member up pretty bad(under the transmission, before the transfer case.)

Does anyone know the cost and/or part number for the factory cross member?

Luckily my Skidrow plate saved me from any severe damage to the underside but the attachment point towards the middle cross member is kind of beat up. The 3/16" steel skid is now concave

This image is from the passenger side and the tire is the driver front. If you look in the lower left corner you can kinda see what I'm talking about in regards to the cross member.

I emailed Full Traction and Rubi Express asking if I can purchase their cross member alone, that's included in their Long Arm kits but I'm not holding my breathe for an answer.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last one i baught was at moparpartsamericadotcom and was about 600.00. local stealerships wanted over 800.00.

P/n 68003 447AA

btw mine looks worse than that but still works just fine, just imagine if you did NOT have the skidrow skid plate
Old 12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Major, I Have one you can buy for cheap. I will get a picture to see if it is what you need. It is a straight piece, correct?
Old 12-29-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Leave it as is until you start really bending the hell out of it and causing mounting issues. That's NOTHING compared to mine and still doing perfectly fine.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is what I thought you were talking about. Sorry for the very late response.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by northsidejeepin
This is what I thought you were talking about. Sorry for the very late response.

i am in the same boat on that one, i managed to mangle the piece pictured above. i was gonna email FT & RE to see if i can buy that piece too, i just procrastinated and then forgot about it.

major, if you hear anything let me know. i plan on forgetting about it again, as soon as im done typing this post
Old 12-30-2008, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well if you guys need mine you can buy it for cheap plus shipping?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

major gets first dibbs at it

let me know
Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

You should just put the Rock hard skid on there... It replaces the piece in the picture. (if the picture is what I have in my garage)
Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
You should just put the Rock hard skid on there... It replaces the piece in the picture. (if the picture is what I have in my garage)
mo,

what rock hard part are you talking about? i have been looking around (when i remember) and cant seem to find anyone that makes this cross member piece. most skids actually bolt TO the piece

Quick Reply: Transmission Cross member