Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resonator delete

Old 01-21-2019, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonmcdonald
I'm sorta interested in a resonator delete for my magnaflow dual exhaust to become a little louder.

Wanted some insight from some forum members - is it going to get me pulled over more

If anyone has gotten a res delete and can share their experience and insight that would be awesome too
About to do the same thing because i have the same set up. I wouldn't mind a bit more growl.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

A resonator delete will add drone, not the growl you're looking for. Replace the big factory muffler with a smaller Magnaflow (or your muffler of choice) if you're looking for more growl. Personally I don't think the V6's in these Jeeps were ever made to be seen or heard, but to each their own. You'll regret ditching that resonator though.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resonator delete

if I delete my resonator on a 2015 Jeep Wrangler jk 3.6l v6 will it cause a check engine light or make any technical problems??

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Interesting that the 3.6 requires a resonator while the 3.8L does not.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

I'm with Borabora - ditch the resonator and you will regret it on the highway. I have the V8 in my Jeep and changed to that Magnaflow from Walmart, due to increased flowthrough for the 8, that was exact fit but a little droney on the highway as cruise is about 1800@65mph now (with V6/6spd it was 2300) which is in the drone zone so am going to add the resonator.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to swap the resonator for the Flowmaster Super 44, ditch the big one out back so I can stretch the rear axle back. Drone or not I think thats worth tolerating.
Old 04-24-2022, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGizmo
I want to swap the resonator for the Flowmaster Super 44, ditch the big one out back so I can stretch the rear axle back. Drone or not I think thats worth tolerating.
I'm running the off road pro exhaust that dumps before the axle. It is basically a cherry bomb type muffler and no resonator. It sounds good, but it is loud and drones especially at highway speeds. It honestly will get on your nerves after a while.

Quick Reply: Resonator delete