JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   River Raider Expedition Snorkel Vs. Rugged Ridge Snorkel (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/river-raider-expedition-snorkel-vs-rugged-ridge-snorkel-266642/)

Rubicon John 03-05-2013 06:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I'm very happy with my Rugged Ridge snorkel!!! :thumbsup:

I can run both the ram air snorkel or the lower expedition style within a 10 minute change since I added plugs to my windshield light. I leave the light mounted to the bracket and just unbolt the bracket and take off the whole assembly, then reverse when I want to change it back. It just adds to the LEGO factor of the JK...

Sorry for the crappy cell phone garage pics, but....

Rubicon John 03-05-2013 06:20 PM

Your jeep looks awesome Hinrichs--that's a cool snorkel too!!! :thumbsup:

Kgries 03-05-2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JeepinJer (Post 3460726)
Rugged Ridge bar with seven Blitzpro 6LZ flood lights

how bright are those?

Hinrichs 03-06-2013 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kgries (Post 3460333)
That's an interesting looking snorkel. So its the classic Volant intake with that attached to it? How big of a hole do you need to cut into ur hood?

like a 4" or something and some small ones to hold the snorkel down since it pivots when the hood is raised up, i figured i can always get another hood if i want to go back to stock someday...i do plan on possibly adding hood louvers anyway so i wasnt concerned with cutting the hood

jeepwave 03-06-2013 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rubicon John (Post 3460807)
I'm very happy with my Rugged Ridge snorkel!!! :thumbsup:

I can run both the ram air snorkel or the lower expedition style within a 10 minute change since I added plugs to my windshield light. I leave the light mounted to the bracket and just unbolt the bracket and take off the whole assembly, then reverse when I want to change it back. It just adds to the LEGO factor of the JK...

Sorry for the crappy cell phone garage pics, but....

DUDE!!! This was my upcoming project for over the weekend. I'm gonna PM you for some details

Powderburn 03-06-2013 07:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the set up u want. Not hard and love it!

Attachment 430363

Attachment 430364

Kgries 03-06-2013 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Hinrichs (Post 3461163)
like a 4" or something and some small ones to hold the snorkel down since it pivots when the hood is raised up, i figured i can always get another hood if i want to go back to stock someday...i do plan on possibly adding hood louvers anyway so i wasnt concerned with cutting the hood

can you fit a windshield light bar with it?

Kgries 03-06-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Powderburn (Post 3461434)
I have the set up u want. Not hard and love it!

Attachment 430363

Attachment 430364

Lookin good!

Hinrichs 03-06-2013 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kgries (Post 3461666)
can you fit a windshield light bar with it?

I would think so but not 100% sure, the top part may block a very small ammount since the scoop is larger than the aev

cocokrispes 03-06-2013 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Hinrichs (Post 3461163)

I was thinking of getting the Volant snorkel myself. My hood already has the louvers on it. I really hope i can run both.

Attachment 430436