Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

River Raider Rock Slider Reviews

Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default River Raider Rock Slider Reviews

Is there any reviews out here on the River Raider rock rails/sliders? I looked and couldn't find anything. I am considering these and they look stout, but I want to know what everyone thinks of these that have them.

I noticed that they only mount to the body. Is this strong enough? Any concerns with this? Does anyone know if you can use these as a place to jack up the jeep using your hi-jack?

I love the look and quality, so I am definitely considering buying these but I want to know what people think before I place the order.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. Kenny don't take this question the wrong way. I know your products are top notch and quality, but I want to make sure I am getting what I want.

Last edited by smokey; 06-21-2008 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:25 PM
JK Newbie

*not to steal your thread.

but this information would be greatly appreciated on my end also, as well as a comparative alturnative.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

I have the 4dr sliders and I love them!!

I was extremely nervous about the strength before I bought them. Kenny assured me they would hold up to anything. I figured since I only live about an hour away, I could drive down to his shop if he was lying to me But so far he hasnt They have taken a few good hits and havent budged and I have used the driverside to high lift off of a stump. My wife took 10 pictures of the stump, but didnt get one of the highlift on the rail. I wanted to send it to Kenny.

Long story short, Im a believer now

They werent too hard to install, but they werent a piece of cake either. Once you get past the 1st 5/8" hole in your shiny new jeep, lining up and drilling the rest of the holes goes fairly smooth. I think an extra hand is a must though, a floor jack and stands help, but one slip and you are screwed. The silicone used to seal them against the body can be tricky and messy. The well nuts are also a pain in the ass. Make sure every hole is COMPLETELY deburred or you will tear them and also make sure the rail is tight against the face of the well nut before you start tightening it. If not, the well nut will just spin and never completely snug up. I have to re-do my driverside rail because of this. 3 of the well nuts just spin... The passengerside came out much better, I used a bar clamp to draw it tight against the well nuts. And I should point out, that I did high lift from the rail with the loose wellnuts and it didnt budge!

Im not sure if anyone else had this problem, UPS did beat the hell out of mine, so they might have added more of a bend. Kenny did offer to replace them, but I was impatient and I figured I could work with it So others might not have any issues with the well nuts. Kenny seemed legitimately suprised when I called him, so I dont think its a common problem. He did buy me another box of well nuts and also reimburse my shipping. He also told me his offer stands to replace them if Im not satisfied. So I really cant beat that kind of customer service.

Overall, I am completely happy with them. I would definitely buy them again and I can not say enough good things about Kenny!! He truly does care about his customers and will go out of his way to make sure you are satisfied!

Old 06-21-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bly09, do you have any pictures of the sliders from the bottom of the jeep and how they wrap around to the pinch seem?

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my rock sliders and snorkel put on today, and I will be doing a wright up tomorrow on them. So far I LOVE THEM
Old 06-21-2008, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

sliders help up great when I went to big dogs. now need crusher corner and new stubby front and rear bumper.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

bodybrdng, did you get a chance to take any pics. i would love to see your writeup on the install.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smokey
bodybrdng, did you get a chance to take any pics. i would love to see your writeup on the install.
Sliders Write up
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/river-raider-rock-sliders-install-45212/

Snorkel Write Up
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/river-raider-snorkel-install-45202/
Old 06-24-2008, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by smokey
Bly09, do you have any pictures of the sliders from the bottom of the jeep and how they wrap around to the pinch seem?

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I didnt get a chance yet to get a pic from the underside. I'll try to in the next few days.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
I didnt get a chance yet to get a pic from the underside. I'll try to in the next few days.
If you like I can get a pic of them today

Quick Reply: River Raider Rock Slider Reviews