JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   River Raider VS Offroad Evolution VS PSC armor (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/river-raider-vs-offroad-evolution-vs-psc-armor-320529/)

Roadking 04-17-2015 10:45 PM

River Raider VS Offroad Evolution VS PSC armor

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what they prefer and why? I've only had one of the three on my last three jeeps and wanted to see what everyone's experience has been with quality, strength, functionality and looks even though that is an opinion. Front and rear bumpers, sliders, fenders etc. Thanks everyone looking forward to hearing your experiences I'm the differences.

etl330 04-18-2015 05:04 AM

River Raider or Poison Spyder. Evo is the main enabler of Wayalife so ill never buy anything from them. I'd also take a look at Crawler Conceptz

DunnyBunny 04-18-2015 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by etl330 (Post 4087210)
River Raider or Poison Spyder. Evo is the main enabler of Wayalife so ill never buy anything from them. I'd also take a look at Crawler Conceptz

X2 on PSC or even Crawler Conceptz. EVO stuff is just way to overpriced. Their front bumper which is almost damn near the same as the BFH from PSC is double the price. Not worth $800 in my opinion.
I will say I do like their rear corners and tire carrier though. Again way overpriced but looks damn good.

jkd3624 04-19-2015 05:32 AM

For front bumpers I agree Evo is over priced but really most bumpers are over priced in general.

That being said evo has some fair pricing if you look at items such as their c gusset kit or their rock skins for the corners. Also their stuff is very beefy. Psc, Evo, and Genright are my top three brands I look to defaulting typically to psc because of their pricing and quality of product.

anviljk 04-20-2015 06:26 AM

I have the Evo Protek skids, leveling kit, and PSC EVAP skid. Everything is solid, powder coating is great, and have no issues with either company. PSC has better packaging if that matters. One thing I must say that disappoints me (and it's just something small), is that neither company gives any "freebies" with their products like stickers. Evo has more options for the JK and the price points are decent.

When it comes to sliders, I'll probably go with Evo just because of the price and Northridge has the sliders/armor package deal from time to time.

As for bumpers. I went with Expedition One over Evo because it offered a stubby that was cheap, optional side wings for the factory fogs, and it had built in D rings without having to pay an extra $100 like the 1/4 pounder. I also got their Rubiskid that rotated the quick disco motor up and protected everything, really makes the front end look cleaner.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5468/...84d25573_c.jpgUntitled by anviljk, on Flickr

DunnyBunny 04-20-2015 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by jkd3624 (Post 4087578)
For front bumpers I agree Evo is over priced but really most bumpers are over priced in general.

That being said evo has some fair pricing if you look at items such as their c gusset kit or their rock skins for the corners. Also their stuff is very beefy. Psc, Evo, and Genright are my top three brands I look to defaulting typically to psc because of their pricing and quality of product.

Yes I'll agree a few of their stuff is actually on point with some other things but I seriously only mean a few. Now their front bumper is 1/4 thick but I don't think that justifies that much extra money. Compared to PSC and even Crawler Conceptz which is just as good as both, Crawler Conceptz you actually get more for your money and it's still cheaper then both. But both PSC and Crawler are half the price as EVO when comparing similar features between the 3 (d-ring mounts, stinger, bull bar etc) and truly i don't even see a need for 1/4" steel. It does look good though. And I do like their corners as they are decently priced and like how they integrate the tire carrier into them. But the carrier itself is without words overpriced but I'll admit if I was rich and just had money to waste I'd probably get it. Unfortunately I'm not so I look for things of equal quality and priced at what they are worth snd should be priced at

jkd3624 06-29-2015 06:45 PM

The evo tire carrier is in the same price range as psc, and gen rights. It is a matter of preference. I perfer the gen rights tire carrier as it comes in aluminum. On my last jeep I used evos corners with genrights carrier and will do the same with this jeep.

lkjk 06-29-2015 08:02 PM

I have evo sliders. at the time they were the only ones that fit the bill. now that there are others, I'd get VKS Fab sliders.

Mine are great, i just used to follow evo on fbook and they seem like a bunch of d!cks. plus they support eddie and that BS. That being said, i'll be getting their corner armor...3/16s and pretty cheap. PSC looks better but 1/8" steel seems thin, and twice the cost.

jonboy74 06-29-2015 08:41 PM

I'll play. I have experience with all three vendors. I currently have:
PSC - Front rock brawler bumper w/ skid, extreme duty crossmember, front/rear diff covers, body armor, windshield light bar mount, fairlead mount, and front/rear steel fenders.
EVO - rock rails, Pro-tek skid system and rear fascia and the D ring mounts that sit in the frame.. Previously bought rear corners but sold them before installing
River Raider - nothing on the jeep now but bought their full length rear corner armor (more on this below).

Here's what I think about them all:
PSC - I do like all of the stuff I have on my JK. I won't say it's the BEST, because I haven't compared their stuff to everything else, but it is all functional, the install goes relatively easy (although like anything else, time consuming). I've hit my fenders a couple times on rocks and they held up just fine. Same with the diff covers. I had two problems with PSC in the past - the fairlead mount had some burrs on it like someone didn't file it down, and one of my light bar mounts seemed to have been over-bent. In both instances I had new product at my front door within 2 days. Hopefully they don't suffer a decline in quality after the sale to the owners of 4WP. But all in, they've delivered good product and stood behind them.

EVO - I like the design of their rock rails. I've even bolted them on (instead of welded) and they have held up to some serious pounding on the Rubicon trail. I didn't want the corners after I had bought them b/c I went for the Genright ones due solely to look. Lots of folks I run with run the EVO's, and although they can be a little difficult to install, they are pretty good and priced right. The Pro-tek skid system is great as well. The fascia is a fascia. I like the look. Some don't, I do. The D ring mounts look to be stout, but I haven't actually had to use them yet.

River Raider - Do they make cool looking rigs? Yes. Does this mean they make good products for folks like you and I? Absolutely not. When shopping for corner armor, I wanted to get the recessed tail lights and the only games in town were TNT, RR, and Genright. TNT and RR were both 3/16" and Genright uses the AEV corners which are 1/8". So I went for it, ordering the RR ones. When they came in, I was horrified to see the quality of the holes. It looked like someone drilled the mounting holes with a drillbit and didn't bother grabbing the countersink bit to smooth out the hole, but just stuck w/ the drill bit. So several of them were octagonal in shape (happy to send pics if you want to see for yourself!) Decided to go ahead and attempt the install anyway. So to do this install you have to cut a monster hole in the back of your jeep. And there is no way to "test fit" before you cut. So sure enough, I cut this massive rectangular hole in my JK and the F*(#@ing corners WERE OVER BENT AND DID NOT FIT. Call RR, they put me on w/ a tech and say "just hit it with a hammer on a table to loosen it up." I'm thinking, I just paid over $600 for these damn things, the install should not involve beating the crap out of my corners w/ a hammer. So I sent them back, they "tested them in the jig" but only after threatening to withhold my refund "if they were within spec" and blaming my installer (who has installed more corners than probably any of those guys have). So they called back, apologied, and sweet talked me into having them send out another set. Which I said fine. And you guessed it. Lay the corners side by side and the bends are not the same. There was a 1-2" difference at the end of the corner, so there is NO WAY they would have fit. Plus the holes were still all jacked up. Call them back again, they weren't so nice this time around. After a lot of arguing, they finally agreed to take them back, less a 20% restocking fee and I had to pay return shipping.

Never, ever, ever buy anything from RR. If you get crappy product, you're stuck with it. Customer service sucks, the product I received sucked, and now I have this massive hole (covered by my Genright corners!) that will just piss me off to no end every time I see it.

DunnyBunny 06-29-2015 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by lkjk (Post 4116765)
I have evo sliders. at the time they were the only ones that fit the bill. now that there are others, I'd get VKS Fab sliders.

Mine are great, i just used to follow evo on fbook and they seem like a bunch of d!cks. plus they support eddie and that BS. That being said, i'll be getting their corner armor...3/16s and pretty cheap. PSC looks better but 1/8" steel seems thin, and twice the cost.

I like VKS sliders a little better. Seem put together a little better and that dude does some sick work. I do like the EVO sliders as well. There are a few of their stuff that I do like I just feel a lot of their stuff is priced high.