Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK Heavy Duty Deep Sump Pan Vs. Skid Plate

Old 10-30-2013, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK Heavy Duty Deep Sump Pan Vs. Skid Plate

Looking for your experience/opinions on the Rock Krawler Heavy Duty Deep Sump Automatic Transmission Pan?
Is this a better option than an aftermarket oil/transmission skid plate that works with 2.5” of lift?
The cost is about the same – what are the advantages/disadvantages of running this setup?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That RK pan isn't available any longer.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
That RK pan isn't available any longer.
Thanks for the heads up. I guess that settles that debate.

Might be for another thread but any thoughts on the Rugged Ridge skid versus the Rock Hard skid?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Captaintight
Thanks for the heads up. I guess that settles that debate.

Might be for another thread but any thoughts on the Rugged Ridge skid versus the Rock Hard skid?
Yeah... you'll get more exposure with the right title, but....

I like that RH gives you those little bolt protectors. Kind of a must have item IMO and you'll pay 12 or 15 bucks a piece for them if you get another vendor's setup and add them after the fact... food for thought.

I used to run the Trek's item and it was nice... added the RH item above and they did me pretty good. Treks is good to work with as well, but... in the end, I think all the aftermarket systems are similar and if I were you, I'd look at price and shape (does it cover what you think needs protection) as the main factors.

Quick Reply: RK Heavy Duty Deep Sump Pan Vs. Skid Plate