Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK Offroad Pro Long Arm Length vs Other Brands

Old 02-17-2017, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@ Rock Krawler I would be interested in whatever accommodations you could make for someone willing to move the mounts up. I would definitely be willing and able.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by gnarly_mike
I have stock arms still. That's what's wrong lol. Driveshafts also. Ride is too high for stock arms. Arms bind, on road is harsher than it should be with the angles the arms are at. The raised axle side mounts would help that. Thought about EVO kit but read too many people saying the kit is very hard to install and instructions hard to decipher. And that things don't fit well. Shafts rubbing or getting stressed too much during articulation. I plan on custom tuning coilovers that's about it on this jeep. I'm sure after it's paid off I will get crazy with it. But that will be down the line
Simply moving the axle mount up would improve ride and clearance even with the factory arms if you get your alignment right. You can even correct the pinion angle. You are talking about $60 for some brackets and maybe an hour of fab time with a grinder and welder. As far as the driveshaft is concerned, it is not a matter of what lift but either modifying the exhaust or running an aftermarket shaft with a smaller diameter center section. A caster corrected axle is another way to go for driveshaft clearance but I know it is not in your budget.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Pinion angles can be well controlled for a given range of travel using link synthesis as we have done. Our front arms are on point and pivot about the yoke of the driveshaft, but in the rear and especially on a 4 door, carrying arms that far forward could negatively impact the cross over angle so we chose not to do so. If you are willing to build your own system and remove all the constraints that come around the factory gas tank and other things that keep your vehicle street legal in all 50 states then the sky is the limit as dirt man stated. But be sure you have the talent and pocket book to do so. Otherwise, you will find our products very hard to beat. Personally, for the DD/Weekend Warrior guy the X Factor Setups are the way to go. If you want to simply pound on your Jeep, then the Off-Road Pro kits are the way to go...

Good luck with your build.

RK
Nothing wrong if someone wants to run a 3 link. I have run a 3 link rear and did not see the big deal people make as far as performance gains over the standard 4 link that has a decent joint. Its harder to dial in geometry due to how high up the frame side upper mount is located. This forces you to raise the axle side really high and that limits your up travel due to the upper mount hitting the tub. I feel that for an all around performance set up with the tank in the factory location would be to stay on a 4 link with a good joint that will keep the suspension from binding.

From what I have seen from mikes posts is that he wants a LCOG build that allows a lot of up travel to full stuff the tires into the fender wells. I don't think the 3 link with the tall rear bridge is going to perform that way.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If anyone wants us to do something a bit custom for them, please give us a shout. We are more than happy to help out. We have 2 Engineers on Staff that can help you with your geometry and anything you might want to meet your needs.

RK
Old 02-18-2017, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Pinion angles can be well controlled for a given range of travel using link synthesis as we have done. Our front arms are on point and pivot about the yoke of the driveshaft, but in the rear and especially on a 4 door, carrying arms that far forward could negatively impact the cross over angle so we chose not to do so. If you are willing to build your own system and remove all the constraints that come around the factory gas tank and other things that keep your vehicle street legal in all 50 states then the sky is the limit as dirt man stated. But be sure you have the talent and pocket book to do so. Otherwise, you will find our products very hard to beat. Personally, for the DD/Weekend Warrior guy the X Factor Setups are the way to go. If you want to simply pound on your Jeep, then the Off-Road Pro kits are the way to go... Good luck with your build. RK
How about 37's and want to have it drive decent, but still be able to pound it on the weekends?

PR 44 and PR 60

Matthew
Old 02-20-2017, 05:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
How about 37's and want to have it drive decent, but still be able to pound it on the weekends?

PR 44 and PR 60

Matthew
Either Kit would be fine to run, but if I had to choose one or the other I would choose the off-road Pro Kit!

Quick Reply: RK Offroad Pro Long Arm Length vs Other Brands