Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler 3.5 in flex lift with Bilstien shocks, how's the ride.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Metal Cloak in this video rates their standard joint at +/- 17 degrees. They have them in several shapes and sizes. With a digital angle finder in a moch up control arm mount, we achieve the dimensions in the aforementioned post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dE_tFFvjfU Thank you for pointing out the verbage under the Flex Joints. They are still shown on the website for service parts and does not relate to the Pro Series products at all. We will task our in house marketing people to try to update the verbage as it relates to older service parts.

We provided as accurate information as possible and did not provide any "opinions" with relations to the joints. We feel people can make their own decisions based off proper information.

We will not turn this thread into a pissing contest between Dirtman and RK. It is not worth the time.

RK
Old 10-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WyoJKUR
First off I want to thank you all for your input. I'm fairly new to this and I'm trying to do this as right as possible. My Jeep currently is on a teraflex Leveling kit , I have a Smittybilt xrc bumper up front with a 10,000 lb synthetic rope winch, I have changed the wheels and they have 4.5 inch backspacing. I am running the stock mud terrains now but want to go to 35's. I take it off road here in Wyoming and use it to get to fishing spots. Would like to do a trip to Moab along with some places in Colorado. At first I was looking at a 2.5 inch kit but thought I might be better off with the 3.5 inch kit. After reading the replies I'm thinking the 2.5 inch might be the better choice. If that's what I decide to do will that save me from having to change as many parts? I'd like to stay around 1500.00 for the lift initially. maybe spend more down the road as I can. Just want it to drive and ride as close to normal as possible . I'm sure you guys see these kind of questions over and over and I really do appreciate your help.
2.5" of lift will keep things more simple for you in the long run. At 2.5" the Flex system is a much more complete system than it is at 3.5" of lift. Any 2.5" system that addresses the track bar, caster (control arms or drop brackets) is going to be great for your use.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:49 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Metal Cloak in this video rates their standard joint at +/- 17 degrees. They have them in several shapes and sizes. With a digital angle finder in a moch up control arm mount, we achieve the dimensions in the aforementioned post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dE_tFFvjfU Thank you for pointing out the verbage under the Flex Joints. They are still shown on the website for service parts and does not relate to the Pro Series products at all. We will task our in house marketing people to try to update the verbage as it relates to older service parts.

We provided as accurate information as possible and did not provide any "opinions" with relations to the joints. We feel people can make their own decisions based off proper information.

We will not turn this thread into a pissing contest between Dirtman and RK. It is not worth the time.

RK

Their video on the comparison of joints with a JK arm shows 20.2 degrees of misalignment. I am just saying this because we want things to be accurate and not cherry picked right?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Didn't mean to stir things up, just trying to figure out what would be best to spend my hard earned money on. I guess one question I have for Rock Krawler would be, do you stand behind your product or will it be a hassle if I have a problem with any of your parts. I'm a little concerned about the sagging issue. What will your company do if I have that problem. Seems like other companies have better warranties. I only want to do this once and want it to last. I will give you credit for being on this forum and answering my questions.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:29 PM
JK Junkie

I run the latest RK TR's and FOX IFP's. Recently Rancho 5000's. The ride is pretty nice, especially after a few hundred miles.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:05 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WyoJKUR
Didn't mean to stir things up, just trying to figure out what would be best to spend my hard earned money on. I guess one question I have for Rock Krawler would be, do you stand behind your product or will it be a hassle if I have a problem with any of your parts. I'm a little concerned about the sagging issue. What will your company do if I have that problem. Seems like other companies have better warranties. I only want to do this once and want it to last. I will give you credit for being on this forum and answering my questions.
Our warranty is simple. Send in our tech's digital images. If it is on us, then we take care of it. If it is a setup issue or something else, we help you correct the situation. Company's that blindly warranty an item does not mean it is the best approach in our opinion. More often than not it does not correct the root of the problem. Our goal is to make your Jeep perfect and we strive to do so.

Here is link to our warranty policy and we stand behind it 110%

Rock Krawler Suspension

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 10-13-2017 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:10 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Their video on the comparison of joints with a JK arm shows 20.2 degrees of misalignment. I am just saying this because we want things to be accurate and not cherry picked right?
And everyone is going to have a tolerance to them so...

If you want us to state advertised misalignment for these joints we certainly can...

MC - +/- 17
RK Pro Flex - +/- 15
Dual Durometer - +/-15

Then you can look at total misalignment advertised per arm assembly (lower control arms only)...

RK - +/- 45 degrees (Standard X Factor Arm Construction - Pro Arm Construction is +/- 60 degrees)
MC +/- 37 degrees
DD - +/- 30 degrees

Sorry our results did not match exactly for some. We would not argue about being off 2 degrees either. That is certainly not the point.

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 10-13-2017 at 05:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:41 AM
JK Junkie

I think the Pro flex joint doesn't get love because its only used on one end. Its not a primary joint thats considered when someone is choosing arms. Comparing based on how its used is apples vs oranges.... OR green apples vs red apples LOL
Old 10-13-2017, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
I think the Pro flex joint doesn't get love because its only used on one end. Its not a primary joint thats considered when someone is choosing arms. Comparing based on how its used is apples vs oranges.... OR green apples vs red apples LOL
That could be true! We have always put the Pro Krawler Joints at the axle because that is the joint location that does 90% of the work and we feel that needs to be the most durable. The frame side does not require nearly the misalignment the axle end does as long as the axle end does not run out of misalignment. But with people who do not really use their Jeeps off-road, that really does not matter much...

RK
Old 10-13-2017, 08:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
That could be true! We have always put the Pro Krawler Joints at the axle because that is the joint location that does 90% of the work and we feel that needs to be the most durable. The frame side does not require nearly the misalignment the axle end does as long as the axle end does not run out of misalignment. But with people who do not really use their Jeeps off-road, that really does not matter much... RK
What about using the higher durometer on both ends, would that work or be too much for DD?

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 3.5 in flex lift with Bilstien shocks, how's the ride.