Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler 5.5 (mid arm)

Old 02-10-2013, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler 5.5 (mid arm)

Is anyone running this lift on a 2 door? If so, what are your opinions on and off road? If you would post pics, that would be helpful also. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Imo 5.5 is overkill unless ur going to run 42" tires.. I got the 3.5 max travel and i could run 40s with a bit more trimming in the rear wheel well.. Here's a pic of mine on 37s

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130210_213032.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	420843

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130210_213114.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	420844
Old 02-10-2013, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

That's a lot of lift! But everything RK makes is pretty solid. Id recommend the 2.5 or 3.5 kits though because they can cover just about any tire size you'd need.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to be able to run 37s without having to trim my fenders but judging by the lack of people running this lift, I may shy away from it. I've looked on multiple forums and google and have found people running the long arm version but not the mid arm.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeeper4ever
Thanks for the replies. I'd like to be able to run 37s without having to trim my fenders but judging by the lack of people running this lift, I may shy away from it. I've looked on multiple forums and google and have found people running the long arm version but not the mid arm.
it's really not ideal to be that high with a two door with short arms. thats why you don't see a lot of folks running their 5.5" with mid arms.

I can tell you though, you really want to be 4-5" if youre planning on wheeling with 37s and stock fender flares. and youre going to need bump stops if you want to retain (NOT RIP OFF) your factory fenders. i'm at about 4.5" of lift with flat fenders and 37's and i still ripped off my flat fenders with the limited amount of bump stops i'm running now (2.5" bump).

I love how my jeep rides, but at 4.5" - 6" of lift with 37s, you really would benefit from having a long arm put on your rig. especially on the street if your rig is a DD.

mine is at 4.5" - 5" and i'm running a short arm (mid arm) same crap and i like how it rides.

obviously with that much lift, you want all (8) adjustable control arms and front and rear cv drive shafts. and all the other goodies that should come with a lift that high such as high steer with 3" bumpstops up front.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor

5.5" of lift is a ton of lift. Long arms would be ideal.

If you don't want to go to a long arm kit then we would go with the 3.5" Max Travel. We think you will be very happy with this set up. It gives you a nice low center of gravity. Let us know if you would like a quote on anything.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 5.5 (mid arm)