Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Guys

We know alot of people have questions when it comes to building their JK, their setups etc. We are opening an official tech thread for everyone. Even if it is not our products, we are here to help!

Feel free to post up your questions! We will try to check this thread once a day. We are extremely busy!

Please keep the posting to technical setup questions and things of that nature! We want this thread to be useful to everyone!

RK
Old 05-06-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!!! I am thinking on purchasing you 3.5 X factor lift. I know a lot of lifts give more or less lift than the amount stated. Was wondering how much lift this kit would give on a 4dr, front and back.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a rather stupid question....I had one of the rear sway bar bolts snap on me....the bolts supplied with the X-Factor kit to move sway bar back 1" (I torqued too tight). So I am looking for a replacemtn bolt but can't find anyone who carries them. Luckily, where I drilled the hole and where the snapped bolt is won't interfere with me fixing this since I originally moved the sway bar back further than the instructions said . My goal is to move it to where is is supposed to be per the instructions and not be a lazy a** this time. Any ideas where I can buy one single bolt??
Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default Question

I just ordered the 2.5 Stock Mod kit for my 2012 JKU and I wanted to know if I will need to extend the brake lines or if I will need to do anything with the rear tail pipe? I thought I read that it may need some modification on the 2012 and newer but that may just be for the 3.5 kit.

Thanks for your help
Old 05-06-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 3.5 in flex seems to have all the same components as the 2.5in max except the spring size. They price out the same too. Is there any other differences?

Sent from my bunker deep in enemy territory
Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why was my trackbar bolt hitting/gouging my right rear bumpstop bracket after installing the 2.5 X Factor 2.5 on my JK? I had to reverse it and shave the bolt head down. Seems like a weird design issue. Anything we could have done to prevent that?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Since I've ordered the 2.5 Flex kit and i'm currently waiting for it to arrive i'll be following this thread. I can't wait till it arrives.

Dan
Old 05-07-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Have the 2.5 Flex kit on my 2dr. The front is currently about an inch higher than the rear(stock bumper, no winch). The lift has been on for about a month. should i expect it to settle any? Would the rear spring correcttion wedges do anything for me?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jibba
Have the 2.5 Flex kit on my 2dr. The front is currently about an inch higher than the rear(stock bumper, no winch). The lift has been on for about a month. should i expect it to settle any? Would the rear spring correcttion wedges do anything for me?
I have the same kit on my 2dr Rubicon. I installed it over the weekend. It looks like I am having the same issue. I was hoping that it just needed to settle some.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine runs it on his 2 door with same results. He's actually taller with a 2.5" lift than my JKU on a 3.5" lift. The issue is the front progressive coils have zero weight to compress the first 3 wraps or so. Throw on a heavy front bumper and that will take care of your reverse rake. They make the coils like this so you don't get sagging with heavy bumpers. Unfortunately when you aren't running them, you get the results you are seeing. It's more pronounced with the 2 doors since its a lighter vehicle as well.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members