Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 05-29-2017, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mcchewingonadick or however you spell it is an absolute retard. Yeah, I'm sure those ****ing short arms are the real ****ing deal. Everyone who's anyone and does any real race uses them. Duh.
Go **** your self.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Just keep drinking that kool aid
Kook Aid? It's much more than that, it's "Hardcore" and intended for extreme use.

This is the real deal......

Old 05-29-2017, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well how about the steering components? I've recently upgraded all of them but can't mount the stabilizer. For those that are running this tie rod and a Fox ATS, where, what, and how are you fixing it to the tie rod!? I purchased the biggest fox mounting bracket and it's still not big enough. Is this something someone else sells or is the dremel coming out?
Old 05-30-2017, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Ya don't need a SS unless something is wrong...
Old 05-30-2017, 05:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Kook Aid? It's much more than that, it's "Hardcore" and intended for extreme use.

This is the real deal......

Want a job? That is a good marketing idea...

RK
Old 05-30-2017, 06:08 AM
Former Vendor

Guys

The number of joints that had the issue of the burr for the machining ops is less than a fraction of a percent and only 7/8 housings. Unfortunately we did not catch all of them. A new SOP was put in place and it has not happened again. Once anything happens a new SOP is written to address any issue to minimize the chances of it ever reoccurring. We apologize to anyone that may have had the issue and as soon as we see the image of it we ask a few questions to make sure something else is not incorrect or done incorrectly, we validate the claim and send out the part.

Just from reading some of the comments, unfortunately guys, we see so much stuff installed wrong that we have to look at many aspects of an installation and it is by far not limited to our products. The only reason for any of our line of questioning is because we want to make sure the customer gets it right and is in safe vehicle. For those that take offense to it, we apologize in advance, but this going to be our stance always. You would be amazed at how much we see and catch for customers.

The Jeep community is a big community and we are here to help.

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 05-30-2017 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Guys The number of joints that had the issue of the burr for the machining ops is less than a fraction of a percent and only 7/8 housings. Unfortunately we did not catch all of them. A new SOP was put in place and it has not happened again. Once anything happens a new SOP is written to address any issue to minimize the chances of it ever reoccurring. We apologize to anyone that may have had the issue and as soon as we see the image of it we ask a few questions to make sure something else is not incorrect or done incorrectly, we validate the claim and send out the part. Just from reading some of the comments, unfortunately guys, we see so much stuff installed wrong that we have to look at many aspects of an installation and it is by far not limited to our products. The only reason for any of our line of questioning is because we want to make sure the customer gets it right and is in safe vehicle. For those that take offense to it, we apologize in advance, but this going to be our stance always. You would be amazed at how much we see and catch for customers. The Jeep community is a big community and we are here to help. RK
No, according to all these people you guys are just trying to pull a fast one on us.....el.oh.el.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BoraBora
No, according to all these people you guys are just trying to pull a fast one on us.....el.oh.el.
Yeah, that is our MO. LOL...

Lets see, ChuckTheRipper got free arms because we found the washer was not through hardened in his and only surface hardened. Instead of just swapping the washers we sent him new arms for free.

Dirtman is going to be Dirtman.

Unfortunately, forums seem to be going by the way side and instead of being a valuable resource for information and support, they turn into a bitch session for a small few. We try to keep it the other way, but what can you do.

We will continue to be on forums to support jeepers, our products and jeepers builds, but watching and reading all of the banter even amongst yourselves in this thread is exactly why a lot of manufacturers are not on forums anymore to help you guys out. #truth

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 05-30-2017 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For what it is worth I had over 50K miles on my Gen 1 RK lower control arms with minor servicing. Call me a fan boy but I have been to the RK facility in Waterford, NY and can say every component built by RK is made by Jeepers who only want to put out a quality product. Are there going to be issues at times, yes. Will you get an instant resolution, no becuase there are hundreds of customers calling asking questions or seeking tech advice. I have not had an issue with any RK product on my Jeep and will continue to build my Jeep with RK componets.

R/
Will
Old 05-30-2017, 07:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Actually I think you are doing damage to your brand by being on these forums and having threads like this. You would be better off not getting into stupid fights with people and if you are having issues with quality control and some products slip out the door you could simply add a link to your website's (which could use some work) support page. You also don't help yourselves by sending PM's to forum members bashing people and other companies behind their backs that you have a beef with. Instead of promoting good will and solutions for issues that arise you have created a group of people that are pissed off at you and will try and educate people past the marketing bs and mindless owners of your products that just try and justify their purchase of your product by pushing your brand on others. You could also do a registry for owners so you know what they have and can send out emails when you have issues on your products. Maybe host your own sub forum on your site for your products. Many of these other manufacturers simply don't have the issues arise from their products and don't have the hype your customers believe.

Many of your customers remind me of the mindless that follow WOL and have no idea about suspensions or their components and believe the marketing and the other ignorant fan boys that push a single product. These people believe your products are perfect and never fail, they also expect any issue with a product to be fixed at no cost under warrantee (you advertise the lifetime warrantee right?) People that don't buy your stuff typically have a better knowledge of suspensions and don't expect a component to be replaced for free when they are abused or installed wrong.

If your current joint (which was toted as the best thing out there when introduced) is so sensitive to proper set up and torque then maybe a tag could be placed on one in the box with a big red "important" warning on it describing set up or refers to the instructions. I have never had any other joint that was so sensitive to set up. Metal Cloak and Currie joints are ready to go out of the box. IF a customer needs a special tool to do a proper set up initially it should be included in the kit! If you need a special grease for your joints include at least a tube of it in the kit. Maybe your thoughts are if you hide the fact you need to do more things and need special tools for your kits, then people will choose another brand, I don't know, but I can see how people get frustrated buying a so called top shelf suspension only to find out they have to do something out of the ordinary.

You want to be know as a premium high quality suspension company but have a poor reliability record over the years, one of the worst I have seen in the suspension world. Hell RC has fewer complaints then you do and they sell a lot more lifts. You generally blame the customer when something goes wrong or blame a supplier for a small batch of something gone wrong. In the end it is YOU that is responsible for the quality control and giving clear concise instructions that are easy to follow for the end user. People really don't want you to simply throw new products to replace worn out stuff, or excuses, they want a product they don't have to mess with once they invest all that money in it.

Having Marcus joining in on your little pissing contests is not going to do anything for his reputation or business either. But its your businesses run them into the ground if you want. I don't make a dime off the people on the forums, I just try and help educated them.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members