Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 07-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pale Rider
Hey, hoping this isnt too far out of your lane but I picked up the older version of RK's tie rod, where the radius is in the rod itself and the TRE's are straight..in this case Moog. I am looking to replace the TRE's and wondering if there was any information as far as if RK offered a TRE that would work or even the ID of the Tie Rod so I know what to look for when reaching out to Moog for a replacement.

Larry
They just take Factory Moog Replacement Ends

RK
Old 07-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Pale Rider
Hey, hoping this isnt too far out of your lane but I picked up the older version of RK's tie rod, where the radius is in the rod itself and the TRE's are straight..in this case Moog. I am looking to replace the TRE's and wondering if there was any information as far as if RK offered a TRE that would work or even the ID of the Tie Rod so I know what to look for when reaching out to Moog for a replacement.

Larry
Can you provide us with a picture of the bar you have? chad@rockkrawler.com

RK
Old 07-10-2017, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey RK

I just had a 2.5" Flex with Bilstien 5100's installed on my '16 JK 2d. I opted for exhaust spacers as well. Of course the spacers dropped the exhaust crossover below the trans crossmember which will in turn will hinder skid install without modification effectively lowering my clearance. I have read in several places and also had my installer tell me that the 2.5" flex does not need exhaust spacers to clear the drive shaft when installed on the JK 2d. I also noticed on your site this wording:
-For 2012 and newer models an aftermarket front driveshaft with 2" O.D. steel tubing is recommended, but not required.

So I figured I'd go right to the source, so what are your thoughts? If I kick the spacers, will I rub the stock driveshaft if disconnected? I know a new DS is in the cards but its a ways down the road at the moment and armor is next up.

Thank you in advance
Old 07-10-2017, 06:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jgraz
Hey RK

I just had a 2.5" Flex with Bilstien 5100's installed on my '16 JK 2d. I opted for exhaust spacers as well. Of course the spacers dropped the exhaust crossover below the trans crossmember which will in turn will hinder skid install without modification effectively lowering my clearance. I have read in several places and also had my installer tell me that the 2.5" flex does not need exhaust spacers to clear the drive shaft when installed on the JK 2d. I also noticed on your site this wording:
-For 2012 and newer models an aftermarket front driveshaft with 2" O.D. steel tubing is recommended, but not required.

So I figured I'd go right to the source, so what are your thoughts? If I kick the spacers, will I rub the stock driveshaft if disconnected? I know a new DS is in the cards but its a ways down the road at the moment and armor is next up.

Thank you in advance
Depending on your shock length, if you went with our shocks or the recommended bilstiens you should not need it!

RK
Old 07-10-2017, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Depending on your shock length, if you went with our shocks or the recommended bilstiens you should not need it!

RK
My installer went with the recommended Bilstien Rear -24-146715, but in for the front I have Bilstein part#24-186872 which according to some searches appear to have the exact same specs as the Bilstein 24-186995 that is on your site.
So if all is right, I should be able to pull the exhaust spacers and not have contact wit the stock driveshaft even when disconnected?
Old 07-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jgraz
My installer went with the recommended Bilstien Rear -24-146715, but in for the front I have Bilstein part#24-186872 which according to some searches appear to have the exact same specs as the Bilstein 24-186995 that is on your site.
So if all is right, I should be able to pull the exhaust spacers and not have contact wit the stock driveshaft even when disconnected?
You should be fine! You can certainly give it a try and go full droop and see if you have any contact!
Old 07-16-2017, 10:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default newb quesiton.

newb question. I have been looking at the RK 3.5 systems. and trying to decide between the x factor and max travel, but cant really see a big difference. can you dumb down the major pro v con of the two kits? ive seen several jku runs 37s with stock fenders, not much flex room until flat. guess mainly I'm wondering what makes a 1k dollar differenc ein the two? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Firedawg16
newb question. I have been looking at the RK 3.5 systems. and trying to decide between the x factor and max travel, but cant really see a big difference. can you dumb down the major pro v con of the two kits? ive seen several jku runs 37s with stock fenders, not much flex room until flat. guess mainly I'm wondering what makes a 1k dollar differenc ein the two? Thanks in advance!
Components. The Max Travel only includes the front lowers and rear uppers. The X Factor includes all 8 arms, coil wedges for the rear, and an adjustable rear track bar.

You should also ask yourself whether or not you really need the 37's. Are you running stock axles?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What BoraBora said.

But also, the X-Factor rear control arms are designed to push the rear axle back an extra inch to re-center the wheel in the wheel well.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:10 AM
Former Vendor

Sorry I have been out of the office for a few days.. but they nailed the response! If you have any other questions feel free to ask them!

Thanks RK

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members