Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 07-17-2017, 03:35 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
If I had a larger budget (year, dream on) I would replace the whole exhaust with the Borla Crawler (I think that's the one). If you have a 4 door (I do not) there are several exhaust makers that make a new Y-pipe that puts that cross over behind the transmission cross member - no need for spacers. The 2 door owners have limited options, mostly because it puts the exhaust close to the gas tank.
I have the AFE y-pipe and love it. The only downside to routing behind the cross member is it runs pretty close to fuel lines. You have to feel comfortable with that idea and load up on heatshield in that area and around lines.

I'd also add that I had a lot of issues with my springs rotating as well. I have 3.5 RK springs paired with full Metalcloak arms and FOX long travel shocks with 28.25" extended length. Admittedly, they are lonnggg on my setup. RK clips helped, but still allowed for some minor rotation under full flex. It was irritating having to rotate the springs back every couple trips. Finally installed a j-bolt on the backside of the passenger perch (with the RK on the front side) and it appears that has finally been enough to keep that sucker still. Installing the clips might seem like a 5 min job, but if I recall....I had to remove the spring to get enough clearance for the drill. It's always more of a PITA than you'd think doing what should be 5 min jobs.

Last edited by resharp001; 07-17-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey RK guys.
I did my 3 link 3" stretch this year on my 2 door jk. I used the artec 3 link bracket since I already had the artec truss in place.

I'm using your bumpstops 3" with offset.

At full bump I my Krawler joint above the pumpkin is hitting the tub of the jeep. I already trimmed the cross member. It's hitting the actual tub. By upper control arm is mounted in the top hole of the artec bracket.

Artec said their bracket matches the height of yours yet I can't get a dimension above the pumpkin from them. Looking at mine it appears very tall compared to your bridge.

I think I need to mount the 3rd link in the lower hole and trim the bracket but want some dimensions to compare before I start cutting things away.

Suggestions?

Northridge 4x4
Old 07-18-2017, 05:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
Hey RK guys.
I did my 3 link 3" stretch this year on my 2 door jk. I used the artec 3 link bracket since I already had the artec truss in place.

I'm using your bumpstops 3" with offset.

At full bump I my Krawler joint above the pumpkin is hitting the tub of the jeep. I already trimmed the cross member. It's hitting the actual tub. By upper control arm is mounted in the top hole of the artec bracket.

Artec said their bracket matches the height of yours yet I can't get a dimension above the pumpkin from them. Looking at mine it appears very tall compared to your bridge.

I think I need to mount the 3rd link in the lower hole and trim the bracket but want some dimensions to compare before I start cutting things away.

Suggestions?

Northridge 4x4
From Axle tube to our center hole it is about 6.5 inches! Hope this can help you out!

Thanks RK
Old 07-18-2017, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well not sure what Artec was smoking then! Mine is like 3-4" higher than that!

Northridge 4x4
Old 07-19-2017, 05:21 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
Well not sure what Artec was smoking then! Mine is like 3-4" higher than that!

Northridge 4x4
They might be going off the center line of the axle tubes?
I went off the top of the tubes

RK
Old 10-24-2017, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey RK, I wanted to know if I should order 4ā€ front coils and 3ā€ rear coils to give me an even rake if Iā€™m adding a heavier bumper and winch? Or will a front coil spacer handle the job? Thanks
Old 10-24-2017, 06:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by JKJonesy
Hey RK, I wanted to know if I should order 4ā€ front coils and 3ā€ rear coils to give me an even rake if Iā€™m adding a heavier bumper and winch? Or will a front coil spacer handle the job? Thanks
RK may or may not chime in with a timely answer for you. I'd prefer to get a full set of the same springs and use a leveling spacer if necessary. At least that way you know what you're working with. When you start changing spring sizes it's harder to tell what your actual net lift will be. A 4" spring isn't necessarily going to net you 1" extra lift over a 3" spring.....whereas a 1" spacer is going to net you an extra inch of lift. Just my
Old 10-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by resharp001
RK may or may not chime in with a timely answer for you. I'd prefer to get a full set of the same springs and use a leveling spacer if necessary. At least that way you know what you're working with. When you start changing spring sizes it's harder to tell what your actual net lift will be. A 4" spring isn't necessarily going to net you 1" extra lift over a 3" spring.....whereas a 1" spacer is going to net you an extra inch of lift. Just my
That's a fair answer, though I'm uncertain why you think we would be unresponsive. Typically we use spacers to account for a Jeep that isn't balanced front to rear. Adding a large bumper and winch without similar rear modifications, tends to cause a lean forward, we would recommend a spacer before recommending a taller spring.

Adam C.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
That's a fair answer, though I'm uncertain why you think we would be unresponsive.
I didn't read that as a knock on RK, but rather the reality that you don't spend your waking hours monitoring the forums in order to reply within minutes. There have been times when you have been a little dark on the forums, and that's understandable, at least to me.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:03 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I didn't read that as a knock on RK, but rather the reality that you don't spend your waking hours monitoring the forums in order to reply within minutes. There have been times when you have been a little dark on the forums, and that's understandable, at least to me.
Y, exactly that. Wasn't meant as a knock.... Just that answer might not be timely.... Since the poster had started a new thread with same question right around same time, figured they were looking for a quick response.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members