Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 10-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Y, exactly that. Wasn't meant as a knock.... Just that answer might not be timely.... Since the poster had started a new thread with same question right around same time, figured they were looking for a quick response.

Sounds good, We do our best to maintain a forum presence on this board and a few others but there's only two of us on the forums so, you know...

Adam C
Old 11-08-2017, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Arms only

Hi there,
I have a 3.5" Lift from 2011. The rear arms and joints were recently replaced due to an insurance claim.. now I'm looking at the front and wanting to freshen it up. I'm not sure what joints to replace with now. Due to Canadian winters, these ones are pretty well seized in the arms and the arms themselves have seen better days due to wheeling. Do you sell a front only kit? What other recommendations would you have?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mattleslie
Hi there,
I have a 3.5" Lift from 2011. The rear arms and joints were recently replaced due to an insurance claim.. now I'm looking at the front and wanting to freshen it up. I'm not sure what joints to replace with now. Due to Canadian winters, these ones are pretty well seized in the arms and the arms themselves have seen better days due to wheeling. Do you sell a front only kit? What other recommendations would you have?

We would be glad to assist in getting you some replacement arms or joints, your choice. Give us a call at the shop and we can get you squared away. 518-270-9822.

Adam C
Old 11-26-2017, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default joint rebuld

I would like to rebuild my control arm joints and need a little guidance on a parts list. What size joint is on the control arms in a 2.5 max travel kit? I see there are a few options for raceways, joint retainers, and retainer removal tools. Just want to make sure I buy the right parts.

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2017, 05:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by homeless
I would like to rebuild my control arm joints and need a little guidance on a parts list. What size joint is on the control arms in a 2.5 max travel kit? I see there are a few options for raceways, joint retainers, and retainer removal tools. Just want to make sure I buy the right parts.

Thanks!
It will be dependent upon what generation your Max Travel kit is. If you have front and rear lowers you'll need RK04034. One for each joint.

If your kit has front lowers and rear uppers, you'll need RK04034 for the front lowers, order 2. and you'll need RK00221 for the rear uppers, order 4.

As for needing a tool or frame side bushings, the easiest thing to do is to email photos to Adam.C@RockKrawler.com and I will help to determine what is needed. Our early style joints did not require a tool for disassembly but our newer style do.

Adam C
Old 11-27-2017, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
It will be dependent upon what generation your Max Travel kit is. If you have front and rear lowers you'll need RK04034. One for each joint.

If your kit has front lowers and rear uppers, you'll need RK04034 for the front lowers, order 2. and you'll need RK00221 for the rear uppers, order 4.

As for needing a tool or frame side bushings, the easiest thing to do is to email photos to Adam.C@RockKrawler.com and I will help to determine what is needed. Our early style joints did not require a tool for disassembly but our newer style do.

Adam C
Thanks for the help. I will send you an email with some details and pictures today.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default K 3.5" X-Factor Long Arm 6" Stretch

Does this system allow for the front axle to be pushed forward(1-2") ?

3.5" X-Factor Long Arm 6" Stretch
Old 12-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jtlr
Does this system allow for the front axle to be pushed forward(1-2") ?

3.5" X-Factor Long Arm 6" Stretch
If running coil springs, you can not push the axle forward without upsetting the relationship between the spring perch and the spring mount, unless you want to cut the mounts off and off set them. If running coilovers, you can push the axle 2 inches.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
If running coil springs, you can not push the axle forward without upsetting the relationship between the spring perch and the spring mount, unless you want to cut the mounts off and off set them. If running coilovers, you can push the axle 2 inches.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

What about going from a 3.5" x factor coil spring to 5.5 or 4.5" coils, would we run into any problems front and rear axles? Would u need to make any adjustments on the control arms?

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members