Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 12-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SullivanM08
What about going from a 3.5" x factor coil spring to 5.5 or 4.5" coils, would we run into any problems front and rear axles? Would u need to make any adjustments on the control arms?
Are you going from a 3.5 X Factor Mid Arm or Long arm? If Mid-Arm, it wouldn't be advised, ride quality diminishes when you get that tall. Going from Long Arm 3.5 to 5.5, no biggie, add springs and maybe shocks depending on length then adjust arms, track bars and sway bar links.

Adam C
Old 12-05-2017, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Adam yes it's a mid arm currently. planning on moving to a long arm lift eventually but trying to work in stages to get to 40s w d60s underneath eventually really the reason I'm asking to plan the best route.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SullivanM08
Thanks Adam yes it's a mid arm currently. planning on moving to a long arm lift eventually but trying to work in stages to get to 40s w d60s underneath eventually really the reason I'm asking to plan the best route.
Anytime, we're happy to help. The route I would go if we're trying to stay budget minded, is to get the axles in on the current setup. When money allows, I would do a long arm upgrade then later when money allows again, springs and shocks to get you the clearance for the 40's. I say that because the springs and shocks aren't going to do you any good without the arms but the arms will work with your current springs.

Adam C
Old 12-06-2017, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have your 3" stretch on my 08 2door.

I am looking at upgrading to a dynatrac XD or Currie 60. do you offer offset coil perches that would fit one of these?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
I currently have your 3" stretch on my 08 2door.

I am looking at upgrading to a dynatrac XD or Currie 60. do you offer offset coil perches that would fit one of these?
You would simply order another set of the ones that you have and clearance them to fit the larger tube diameter.

Adam C
Old 12-11-2017, 12:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default RK coilover shocks

Im curious as to why RK doesn't sell rebuild kits or the shims, seals, and anything else required to rebuild one's own coilovers? I personally do not have 3 to 4 weeks to remove the coilovers, package and ship them, and then wait while RK rebuilds or adjusts them, then ship them back. Not to mention that they were adjusted to my liking. Its just too long a turnaround. I've sent my coilovers in before and I still feel they are to stiff for my liking. There is also the cost to ship 4 coilovers to the East Coast. Thanks
Old 12-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by foxsat71
Im curious as to why RK doesn't sell rebuild kits or the shims, seals, and anything else required to rebuild one's own coilovers? I personally do not have 3 to 4 weeks to remove the coilovers, package and ship them, and then wait while RK rebuilds or adjusts them, then ship them back. Not to mention that they were adjusted to my liking. Its just too long a turnaround. I've sent my coilovers in before and I still feel they are to stiff for my liking. There is also the cost to ship 4 coilovers to the East Coast. Thanks
We do sell rebuild/revalve kits. Assuming you have a 2.625 coilover, they are currently $85.88+shipping. We sell every component separately if you need them. Call the shop @ 518-270-9822 and we can get you squared away.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2.625 coilover rebuild kits

That's great news! It's going to save a lot of down time and expense.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by foxsat71
That's great news! It's going to save a lot of down time and expense.
It does, and we are excited to get it out. Truth is, it has always been available but you'd have to call, it isn't on the website anywhere. We are working on rebuild videos right now so that everyone can see exactly what is involved and make an informed decision on if this is something they can handle or not. Our shocks share a lot of similarities with most of the other high end guys but we don't disassemble quite the same as a Fox or a King which is what most rebuilders are accustomed to.

The part number if you would like to order is RK06145 for an Emulsion 2.625 or RK06146 for a Remote Reservoir 2.625. I will personally work to get the kits on the website to spread awareness that they exist as a rebuild kit and to show exactly what is included.

Adam C
Old 12-14-2017, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2.625 coilover rebuild kits

Even better. Thanks for the quick response time Adam. I dont have any leaks or anything defective. Im just going to need some shims to soften them up more and the end cap seals to ensure they don't leak. Other than that, the coilovers have been fine; no issues.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members