Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 02-07-2018, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I don't need to read it, I went thru it getting mine replaced. I did everything you asked me to do but you have to admit it got a little ridicules towards the end. If you remember my shocks were blamed and pinion angle was blamed and when the pinion angle was shown to be perfect and it was pointed out that there was no way the shocks could cause it to sag and finally you gave me the engineered coil length where they should be when installed and they were like 2" short of what they were supposed to be. Any way I always said they rode great but I feel for the guy that has his powder coated and they start to sag as I found there was always one more thing at fault and it would be hard to show that the pc was not applied too hot at least the other things could be proven to be fine with photos and measurements. After 3 RK lifts I went a different direction on my 4th lift and now I am looking to lift again on my new 2018 Recon and part of me wants to go with RK again but another part of me is like just stick with what worked last time
I was not part of your warranty so I don't remember that. I've offered several times to work with you on it...

Our spring's free lengths are now posted on our website, images to demonstrate how to measure lift height on a JK are readily available online. If a spring appears to be sagging on one of our kits, we obviously want to know about it and find a resolution.

Adam C
Old 02-07-2018, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Also thanks for posting your warranty terms link:

This line was an eye opener
Seems like a pretty valid line, what you should be taking away from that is the idea that we won't take a return on a used part and rebox it and sell it to you. When you buy our parts, you know 100% that it is a new part that hasn't been installed in someone else's Jeep prior.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:27 AM
Former Vendor

Did you read the warranty terms? It seems to me that you lose any warranty on shocks and springs the moment you choose to install them.

" Springs and Shocks are warranteed against manufacturer's defect only and are only returnable if they have not been installed. "

Seems rather odd. Maybe you're suppose to just put them on your nightstand and admire them to retain any warranty on the springs/shocks?

False, they are warrantied for 12 months from date of purchase. Obviously we plan on you installing the springs and shocks. You are reading that wrong.

Adam C
Old 02-07-2018, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
False, they are warrantied for 12 months from date of purchase. Obviously we plan on you installing the springs and shocks. You are reading that wrong.

Adam C
Yeah, I read it wrong as I responded earlier and already had responded to my misunderstanding which was tied to the fact that the line was included under RK's "Warranty Policy". Sorry, it's the 1st time I ever saw a company ever include return policy line terms listed under their "Warranty" policy terms. So, thank you for correcting me on something that has already been identified as a misunderstanding, Captain Obvious!!! And since RK is constantly revising their website, maybe you might want to advise someone to separate "Return Policy" terms from "Warranty Policy" terms like every other company does that seems to be able to distinguish the differences between them.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension

Adam C
You have to admit, that is an extremely poorly worded sentence.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:42 AM
Former Vendor

Yeah, I read it wrong as I responded earlier and already had responded to my misunderstanding which was tied to the fact that the line was included under RK's "Warranty Policy". Sorry, it's the 1st time I ever saw a company ever include return policy line terms listed under their "Warranty" policy terms. So, thank you for correcting me on something that has already been identified as a misunderstanding, Captain Obvious!!! And since RK is constantly revising their website, maybe you might want to advise someone to separate "Return Policy" terms from "Warranty Policy" terms like every other company does that seems to be able to distinguish the differences between them.
I responded to each post in order, I had not yet seen that someone had already corrected you. We will look into a revision on the policy page.

Adam C
Old 02-08-2018, 05:48 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
You have to admit, that is an extremely poorly worded sentence.
You might be right, but I thought we were here for suspension tech not grammar.... either way, my bad.

Adam C
Old 02-09-2018, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm keen to see what the coils look like gold. Are you powder coating them?

Why aren't you creating your own build thread? Be nice to follow along....
Old 02-09-2018, 05:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TrailBadger
Welp seeing how we're not officially going to post a build tread, I will update RockKrawler on the progress of the TJM/RockKrawler component merger. taxes hit us hard this year, but in a few weeks we should have some great news. In the mean time, let's refresh what's about to happen.

Stay tuned.
It'll be a fun Jeep!

Adam C
Old 02-11-2018, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death Wobble

wondering if this is to much movement for the trac bar

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members