Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to be ordering the 2.5 stock mod with bilstine 5100, extended break lines, bump stops and exhaust spacer. I have a ' 12 JKU Sport and will be running stock wheels and tires, do I need any thing else. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my MB855 using JK-Forum
Old 05-08-2013, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
A buddy of mine runs it on his 2 door with same results. He's actually taller with a 2.5" lift than my JKU on a 3.5" lift. The issue is the front progressive coils have zero weight to compress the first 3 wraps or so. Throw on a heavy front bumper and that will take care of your reverse rake. They make the coils like this so you don't get sagging with heavy bumpers. Unfortunately when you aren't running them, you get the results you are seeing. It's more pronounced with the 2 doors since its a lighter vehicle as well.

I have a Warn stubby bumper with a winch on the front of mine. I guess it just doesn't weigh enough. I agree with the amount of lift though. I gained close to 4" of lift with the max travel lift.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rock Krawler 3.5 x factor

I recently ordered a 3.5 x factor and will be returning from deployment in about a month to install it. I'm trying to use this time to figure out the "little secrets" for this lift. Are there any special tools or anything that anybody would suggest to make it easier? Any tips? Tricks?

Thanks

Taylor
Old 05-08-2013, 04:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudbug79

I have a Warn stubby bumper with a winch on the front of mine. I guess it just doesn't weigh enough. I agree with the amount of lift though. I gained close to 4" of lift with the max travel lift.
Here are my front coils with jeep just sitting. I have rugged ridge stubby and xrc10 winch with synth rope. Notice the top wraps? Rock Krawler claims this is normal. My jeep sits level for the record.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-496663499.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	455533  
Old 05-08-2013, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will be buying your 2.5 stock mod system with rk front lowers and rear uppers. I have a rubi and would like to have a fix'd length sway bar links.( I've noticed the adjustable one don't seem to hold up to great at full flex)Could you tell me the fix"d sizes or possibly sizes for the front and rears or tell me another route, I don't wanna loose the e-disco.

Last edited by BIGNICK; 05-08-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Here are my front coils with jeep just sitting. I have rugged ridge stubby and xrc10 winch with synth rope. Notice the top wraps? Rock Krawler claims this is normal. My jeep sits level for the record.
That is about what mine look like too. I have a little gap between the 2nd & 3rd wrap of the coil. No more than a 1/4".
Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

We really need coils specific to the 2-door. Annoying to have the front higher too.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

My top coils are spaced out. 2 door with only a RR XHD. Jeeps sits pretty level.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2578692314.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	455866  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Napalm90
Awesome!!! I am thinking on purchasing you 3.5 X factor lift. I know a lot of lifts give more or less lift than the amount stated. Was wondering how much lift this kit would give on a 4dr, front and back.
Our 3.5" kits on a 4 door will gain you about 4" in the front and 3" in the rear to level out the stance of the jeep. The kits are based around a fully equipped jeep so if it is bone stock other then the lift you may net a little more height then those numbers.

RK
Old 05-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a rather stupid question....I had one of the rear sway bar bolts snap on me....the bolts supplied with the X-Factor kit to move sway bar back 1" (I torqued too tight). So I am looking for a replacemtn bolt but can't find anyone who carries them. Luckily, where I drilled the hole and where the snapped bolt is won't interfere with me fixing this since I originally moved the sway bar back further than the instructions said . My goal is to move it to where is is supposed to be per the instructions and not be a lazy a** this time. Any ideas where I can buy one single bolt??
It sounds like your looking for one of the 3/8" x 1" long self taping bolts that we supply for the relocation of the sway bar. You should be able to find one at a local hardware store pretty easily! If not we can always ship you out one, but the first option will be quicker and cheaper we would assume.

RK

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members