Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 12-28-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tnt008
Will I need a drag link flip with a 3.5 mid arm flex system? I own a JKUR.
I have this kit and drives great without a flip kit. I have thought about it but just don't feel it's necessary.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
I have this kit and drives great without a flip kit. I have thought about it but just don't feel it's necessary.
Excellent, just what I wanted to hear from someone with first hand experience. Thank you.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default Jam Nuts

Originally Posted by Serg5000
The current instructions suck man. You can get by with them but they really suck. As for the jam nut. Just put blue or red lock tight and tighten them as much as you can. I check my nuts after every trail. Lol. So if one is loose just re-tighten it.

If your asking about adjusting the control arms on the jeep. The instructions give you measurement to set the control arms to before installing them. Mine were dead on. If you have any other questions shoot me a message.
My front lower control arm Jam Nuts are into the axle bracket, so I have to remove them from the axle and let it swing down to be able to get a wrench on Jam Nuts. This does not seem correct... any thoughts?/?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Originally Posted by coffeebean
My front lower control arm Jam Nuts are into the axle bracket, so I have to remove them from the axle and let it swing down to be able to get a wrench on Jam Nuts. This does not seem correct... any thoughts?/?
I have the correct angle set. I found when I started mine the axle was set incorrectly.

Can you post a pic. I can do the same.

Last edited by Serg5000; 12-29-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Old 12-29-2013, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

I have the 2.5 X factor lift waiting to be install am in the process of wheel shopping and the guy at the tire store told me they put 9 inch wide rims on with an 18mm offset all the time with 35x1250s will this work??? Wanting to go this route because of inspection laws here in WV
Old 12-29-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have any doubts on the wheel / tire combo just get the tire dealer to mount one wheel tire that you choose and test it on both sides of the front axle to see if it rubs anything before you pay for anything. If they want to make the sale they will at least mount one for you unless the wheel is an order only item.
You are going to love the 2.5 x factor. 35 x12.50's will rub a little on the back of the rear wheel well inner fender. I think I will end up trimming my fenders but think the pinch seam in the front of the rear wheel well is going to be ok.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Serg5000
My lower control arms / jam nuts look the same as your pictures. I've been reading more and found it is best to tighten the jam nuts with a vise and a big f'n wrench (on the work bench). I don't have that option but will figure something out...
Old 12-30-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default Brake lines

New question about the front brake lines that came in the 2.5 max kit. I think they are these.
Wrangler JK Brake Lines
The bracket that mounts to the frame is the same for both sides. Which seems to make it backwards and opposite for one side. Hard to explain put on the passenger side it is orientated with the brake line hole on top and the frame mounting hole on the right (towards the front). Everything lined up good and fit nice. On the drivers side, it mounts and lines up poorly. With the bracket orientated with the brake line hole on top and the frame mounting hole on the right (but towards the back in this case), the hard brake line connection is to far away. Same issue if I flip it with the bracket orientated with the brake line hole on bottom and the frame mounting hole on the left (towards the front), he hard brake line connection is to far away. I try to get pictures as this seems difficult to explain clearly.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by coffeebean
My lower control arms / jam nuts look the same as your pictures. I've been reading more and found it is best to tighten the jam nuts with a vise and a big f'n wrench (on the work bench). I don't have that option but will figure something out...
Can't you just remove the end you want to work on and let it hang down and tighten the jam nut then just push it back up into place?

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members